Search results

1. Advice on buying a Leon fr 2.0 184

I sold my 184fr estate in September for 13k with 45k miles on it. Was a good spec and car was mint. My mum works at arnold clark and they said trade price was 10k!
  2. Soft Suspension, Dull Handling, Zero Feel - what mods ?

All new cars are getting worse for steering feel due to them using electric systems rather than the previous hydraulic setups. Would argue about the comment of mk1 leon having poor steering feel though. Mk1 leon cupra r had really good steering ( far better than my mates impreza and evo at the...
  3. Winter tyres

I've just put my 18" winter tyres on ebay. Toyo Snowprox used for one winter and Avon ice touring used for two winters . Still have about 6mm of tread left. On at 150 for the four.
  4. 184: What to look out for when buying used

That's quite cheap. I just sold my 14plate st184fr with 42k miles for 13k. Had it advertised for 13.5k initially. Similar spec though had seat sound as well.
  5. Leon ST FR 184 opinions

I've just sold my 14 plate 184fr estate. Was a great car and only sold it due to getting a company car. Michelin pilot supersport tyres transformed the handling, grip and steering feel. Wouldn't say it was a fast car but performable was decent enough. Would definitely consider another if I was...
  6. Bye bye Seat

Yeah was going to advertise on auto trader and possibly eBay .It's a 20.tdi 184 with quite a few options as listed in my signature. It's done 40k miles which is a bit above average but has been serviced every 10k miles and is immaculate.
  7. Bye bye Seat

Sadly I'll be selling my Leon in a few weeks time due to getting a company car. Was a tough decision as I love the car and searched for a while to get the spec I wanted. Going to try and sell it privately but unsure how much interest I'll get as I would imagine most buyers would go to a dealer...
  8. FR 18' wheels

I'm the same. Travelled from Glasgow to Worcester to get the car I wanted.
  9. MOT passed

Legal tread depth is 1.6mm so will easily pass an mot with 3-4mm. Would expect a three year old car with only 22k miles to pass easily anyway!
  10. Esc sport mode

Fr only turns off traction control not stability. Pointless having an "off" function when it doesn't turn everything off!
  11. Newbie with some questions about the ST

I've got the panaromic roof and use it quite a lot. Kids love it as well (especially when they could see all the snow on top). Makes the interior a lot lighter as well. Seat sound is good (I've got a dvd player linked into it which sounds good with the subwoofer ). You also get the spare wheel...
  12. New tyres for 280

I'm sure I read in EVO magazine that the pilot sport 4 are a replacement for the pilot supersport? I've got the pilot supersport and they are fantastic. I've used conti 5, eagle f1 etc in the past and these blow them all away. Wear hasnt been to bad although this is on a 184fr.
  13. V-Power Diesel

Tried vpower diesel for a couple of weeks and can't say I noticed any difference in performance or economy in my 184. I usually use sainsburys or esso fuel as they are the closest/cheapest.
  14. Mpg of fr 184

Average between 48-52mpg over a full tank
  15. MK3 Snow Performance (UK)

Toyo snowprox on mine and enjoyed using the outside lane on the motorway and all the untreated country roads covered in 4 inches of snow a few weeks ago. Car felt really stable. Great fun driving past other motorists who are stuck
  16. fr 184 tech pack standard equipment

Front and rear sensors are standard.
  17. About to buy a 290 NOW. Last minute opinions on this discount?

I've got the panoramic roof on my estate. Car is almost two years old with 31k miles on it and no issues with rattles or anything. Brightens up the inside of the car and great on a nice day. One option that I would definitely spec on future cars!
  18. Tuning 1.9 TDI 110hp

I used to have an ibiza with the same engine. Did a stage 1 remap, front mount intercooler for a 1.8t , green induction kit and super sprint full exhaust including downpipe which removed the cat and centre silencer. Reckon it was about 150bhp at that point. Wasn't loud but sounded more like a...
  19. Rear Mounted Bike Rack

Totally agree. Worth the extra cost. I've used boot mounted bike racks before and they feel insecure in comparison. Also can't get into the boot with it fitted. Roof mounted ones lock the bike in place so more secure when leaving it parked. I've used the fitting kits that mount to door frame on...
  20. Have you had the headlight issue?

not convinced they're just trying to fob you off. Only happens to mine when it's cold so can't see how a software update would rectify it?