Search results

1. slick

Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

I am surprised you havent shown all the hard work from the alley?! That was a job on its own!!
  2. slick

When shall I come round with the tools then Maz?
  3. slick

Have a read everybody... Forge intercooler cancelation
  4. slick

powder coating or spray job?

I think its all down to the company that applies the powdercoat. I have always powdercoated and never painted, painting just fades quicker, and chips easiler. With Powdercoating, it takes alot more abuse in the face of general road muk than paint can, as its a chemical coating that resists...
  5. slick

new wheels unsure about offset

The width of them are your biggest enemy. At that width, the car will be so high to fit, your look like a tractor, and to have it slammed you need massive spacers (40mmish) so your be illegal on the road, as your tyre tread will be on full show unless you have your arches rolled and pulled...
  6. slick

Two words F-in Joke!
  7. slick

If all else fails, I can look at it for you Maz, I will be doing my dash all again in the near future, especially now the wheels are being sorted this weekend!
  8. slick

Need help subwoofer !!!!

Wires, or too much clipping on the amp, drop in voltage to the amp as its drawing too much, could be a host of things. But my money would be on wiring not up for the job. Make sure you have a good earth and good live. Then if that doesnt stop it, look to the head unit, it maybe pushing its...
  9. slick

boost gauge centre console pod

I made it fella, customized the dash myself, in the process of making 3 pods at the top now, relocating the switch and airbag light in the handshake console, e.g heated screen button, next to the filler cap release button. Sorry if thats bad news, no pod, your going to need to make it, and...
  10. slick

boost gauge centre console pod

Alright fella, was brought to attention by a salsheikh on this thread! The boost thats is a 60mm defi guage with a controller in the centre console, the guage was customized to black ring as they come in silver only. Apart from that you can get them from any guage distributor, I got mine from...
  11. slick

Where can i get these 1m headlights

Do you know the reason why ladies and gents? Because if you look at the picture closely you will notice beside the jack cover is another cover, for the high pressure jets, that kit is a fully e.u. compliant, washer jets o.e colour light with all the o.e. wiring to match the looms!
  12. slick

Where can i get these 1m headlights

JE Design head lights, rocking horse sh*t those, found a few on ebay.de before, but never on UK websites.... I would stay clear thou, prone to bad fitting if made by JE design, the only headlamps I would buy would be a set of Hella, but they dont do a design for the Leon 1M.
  13. slick

What you got to remember is, that other parts run heavier on the Cupra R, e.g. Two side intercoolers, different brakes, cast steering arms, thicker tie rods etc. So when you look at the book figures the whole weigh in doesnt show that big difference. But as we all know weight distribution is...
  14. slick

Just the blocks (dry), no gearbox, fluid, IC's etc, the weight comes in at... 82kg Cupra R 134kg TDI 150PD Last time I checked from a tech I spoke to... Shows you the difference just in those..
  15. slick

Just bought Leon and everything has died!

Fuses first port of call...
  16. slick

:thumbup::clap: Now we are cooking on gas and getting somewhere!
  17. slick

Save up for a new turbo Maz, I feel after reading that link posted above, my suspicions are correct, the ECU will ask for too much boost from the turbo even at half throttle. Also talk of keeping the swirl and just refining it and only radiusing the entry ramp for the chamber should be enough...
  18. slick

Going down that road are we.... I'll call up a few people that have had work done to there heads/flowed and see if anyone will mill out that out for you... sometimes difficult to get them to work on a TDI for some reason... You get a good deal on the ARL head?
  19. slick

I still grin thinking about that Carrera locking up and giving itself traction issues approaching that roundabout.. he couldnt even look at us at the roundabout, think the poor boy felt a little "small" in his porka...
  20. slick

Anyone with a Forge LCR Intercooler kit, some help please?

Thanks D.K. I think I might have a lookie at yours once I have near finalised the design, hopefully I should be able to build it from template making on my car with the bumper off, going to explore the route without crashbar modification, then a design with modification. Design are started...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.