Search results

1. black_sheep

Leon Mk3 + ST + EA888 Parts

Post the sale of my Mk3 Cupra, I have a number of components for sale - collection from Darlington (DL5) area preferred: 1) Mk3 (5dr or ST) Rubber Floor Mats: 1 x genuine set, 1 x OEM quality set (genuine drivers mat worn through). Will also fit VW Mk7 Golf - £20 2) Mk3 ST reversible boot mat -...
  2. black_sheep

Farewell Mk3 Cupra...

After nearly 5 years of ownership, it was time to say farewell to the Cupra this weekend.After owning 9 x VAG cars on the bounce, and more in the immediate family we no longer own a single one. Generally, it was a great car, and due to Covid/supply issues, the depreciation has been exceptional...
  3. black_sheep

Regenerative Braking & Brake Lights

Do the brake lights come on during regenerative braking on the Born? I was following one yesterday evening and the brake lights were on/off constantly; really distracting when following on a straight country road.
  4. black_sheep

Alternative Brake Discs/Pads - Cupra

I’d be interested to know what alternative brake disc options people have considered/used on their Cupras (standard TRW 340mm/310mm non-Brembo). I had the same 340mm standard set up on my Octavia with the heavier Diesel engine, but I have never had the same confidence with the Cupra set up. The...
  5. black_sheep

Facelift Cupra Leon Seat Covers

I have a MY19 (late 2018 copper badged) Cupra Leon ST. I had the faux leather on the seat base crack and the seat base was replaced under warranty today; however, the new seat cover has a material finish where the faux leather used to be on the outside edge of the seat cover. Both sides are...
  6. black_sheep

Cupra GPF Fault

Anyone else had an EPC Particulate filter warning on the Cupra fitted with the GPF yet? Or am I just the lucky one? Car says to refer to owners manual, but the only directions are for what appears to be the DPF regeneration requirements. Scanned with VCDS this evening and there are a few codes...
  7. black_sheep

Turbo Inlet Pipe & Elbows EA888 Gen 3 OPF

As per the title, I’ve been looking at different options for: - Turbo inlet pipe work (and/or separate elbow) depending on manufacturer - Turbo muffler delete - Turbo blankets I’ve been impressed with the efforts from this blog in terms of flow comparisons...
  8. black_sheep

7DSG on MY19 Cupra post first service

Has anyone else completed their first service on an MY19 7Sp DSG? Mine has been serviced recently; whilst the DSG gear change is now even smoother than before, it also appears to have lost some of the emotion/rawness that made it a Cupra. The throttle blips in auto and manual downshifts are...
  9. black_sheep

Mk3 FL Whispbar/Yakima Roofbar Mounting

I have recently purchased some Yakima aero-profile roofbars. I chose these bars as I could swap the Smartfoot, so that I could fit the same bars to both the ST and 5dr variants that we own. Whilst fitting the K1000W Smartfoot (universal to Yakima and Whispbar) to the bars for the ST, I noticed...
  10. black_sheep

Cupra 300 ST Warped Rear Discs

As per the title; 6 week old MY19 Cupra with c.3k miles been into the dealers today. Confirmed that the rear discs were warped and they will replace under warranty; however, at present they are refusing to replace the pads under warranty too as the vehicle is considered low mileage. Obviously...
  11. black_sheep

Mk3 FL Side Blades

I had some of the OEM Seat side blades fitted prior to collection; however, they have been painted in body colour only. I was under the impression that the end caps (towards the rear) were black to match the wing mirror caps (on the Cupra). The dealer has apologised and offered to put it...
  12. black_sheep

FR Front Bumper - Honeycomb Grille (Lower) / Bumper Removal

As per the title really: A truck tyre blow out caused shredded tyre to smash the lower grille section and the offside air duct behind it. I have managed to order all of the parts required from TPS; however, has anyone removed the front bumper? The design is slightly different to all of...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.