Search results

1. DanDiesel

What did you and your MK2 do today?

What tyres did you go for?
  2. DanDiesel

MK2 Wiper blade advice

Bought some Valeo Silencios a couple of weeks ago. So far, very impressed with them. Direct fit so easy to install and look OE. Lovely a quiet swipe.
  3. DanDiesel

Oh, i’ll give most jobs car related a go. Just not confident that I know what i’m doing with batteries, wiring etc. I want to learn more stuff but it’s just time at the moment really. Didn’t have to pay to have the battery fitted by the AA so didn’t lose any money l on that.
  4. DanDiesel

I’m not that confident with things like batteries and wiring etc. Also had no time to get it done in the week plus the weather has been shocking the last few days. Also, you mention a 13mm bolt holding the battery to the tray? I don’t have that.......the AA fella mentioned it too.
  5. DanDiesel

This morning mine broke down after dropping my son at school. Absolutely dead as a dodo! AA arrived and he noticed that the old battery was nowhere near enough Amps for the car. Luckily I had my new battery in the boot (I was getting it fitted tomorrow) so the chap checked it and sure enough...
  6. DanDiesel

Sorry, can’t help you on that one I’m afraid.
  7. DanDiesel

Flashing glow plug

Hey, I believe as yours is a PD like mine, the manifold doesn’t have swirl flaps like the later common rail tdi engines. You will have an intake manifold flap motor (sometimes called the throttle body or ASV) attached to the EGR valve which is attached to the intake manifold. These motors can...
  8. DanDiesel

Looking for inspiration for OE upgrade wheels

I had 17” x 8.5” Audi TT mk2 wheels on mine. Minimal clearance on the front shocks and rear arms but just enough. It was lowered on H&R 30mm springs. Rode nicely as still had 45 profile tyres.
  9. DanDiesel

Yesterday, something happened which reset the trip computer, clock and stereo settings whilst the car was sitting doing nothing. At one point it wouldn’t lock, then I had several warning lights on the dash which went away while driving. Need to get this new battery fitted ASAP!
  10. DanDiesel

Oh, yesterday.......... 4 new tyres (had a giant nail in one rear but felt changing all 4 was best as I had budgets all round) Went for Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs. £91 a corner from Kwik Fit with a free wheel alignment check. Had the wheel alignment done aswell. Then got a new battery from ECP as...
  11. DanDiesel

Could have a blocked water drain hole somewhere which is causing the water to reroute inwards?
  12. DanDiesel

Rear door not opening until opened lol

I used bluetac :whistle:
  13. DanDiesel

Rear sidelight issue, prefaclift FR

Could only see a bit so cleaned it off. Swapped around the bulb holders and then neither side light worked so swapped them back and voila, both now working! So, solved but still confused lol
  14. DanDiesel

Today's shenanigans: 1. Completely flat tyre rear offside, gone down overnight 2. Car would not start on my driveway AA called and arrived in 20 mins! Diagnosed P0231 crankshaft positioning sensor signal improbable. Anyway, battery was reading down on charge, probably for me fiddling with the...
  15. DanDiesel

Rear sidelight issue, prefaclift FR

So yesterday, a bulb out warning light appeared on the dash. Got to work, left car running and checked everything. When I got in the car to turn it off, the light had gone. It came on again on the drive home and turned out to be a n/s rear sidelight. No problem, easy bulb change. Anyways...
  16. DanDiesel

Well the bulb issue is not a bulb issue it seems. Gonna start a new thread for it I think.
  17. DanDiesel

How do you park your car?

I'd rather my fingers go between the edge of the door and someone elses door that the edge of the door touch the next car. I would hate to have to apologise for any damage, because I know how I would feel if it happened to mine. I'm always checking my doors when I return to the car after being...
  18. DanDiesel

Rear door not opening until opened lol

I had/have the same problem. There is a Youtube video somewhere to help with this issue. A few people on here recommend getting to the actuator in the door, drilling a small hole in it and then spraying in some WD40. Apparently the grease in the lock can go hard over time and then the lock...
  19. DanDiesel

How do you park your car?

Always try and park in a row away from everything and never next to any other cars if I can help it. Usually this is far away from the shop we need which infuriates my wife. But people still have an uncanny knack of parking next to me which infuriates me. I have two kids so get the use of the...
  20. DanDiesel

This week, several rude words have been aimed at the car.:censored: Firstly, on a couple of occasions it has not wanted to start, just keeps trying to turn over but not firing. Will go on the second attempt. Rear o/s door has stopped working again. Has been fine for about 3 weeks since the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.