Search results

1. When to replace brake pads / discs, on average?

I always get surprised when mine goes in for service, I have the 150BHP TDI FR with DSG and a DTUK box fitted and always set on 3+3 and I drive with a heavy right root (When safe to do) and my last service (At 30,000 miles) my fronts still had 70% on them and the backs had 80%! I was...
  2. Cleaning sarcasm

I can happily spend 2 days on the car about once every 4 months (For a full clean and shampoo on inside and wash, clay, wash, polish wax on outside) and a 'quick wash and hoover' takes me at least 3 hours. But I see this as somthing to be proud of. Would you have nice house and leave it in a...
  3. UK to Germany, Sat nav help? Tips for autobahn?

Thank you so much for all the help from you all. Everything is starting to make sence now, just one quick question about 'Umweltplakete', can I only buy this once I am in Germany? I have a copy of my VC5 from the lease company that own the car and all my other insurance documents etc. I...
  4. UK to Germany, Sat nav help? Tips for autobahn?

Massive help, thank you. Now if anyone has used their sat nav abroad or any of our members from the other side if the channel could give a hand I'll be all set.....
  5. UK to Germany, Sat nav help? Tips for autobahn?

So I am driving to Berlin in a week, any tips for how to enter addresses into the sat nav that are outside the UK? Also, anyone got any tips for driving on the autobahn? I am trying to get an idea what all the road signs mean, I dont want to put my foot down in one of the areas with a limit...
  6. Mud flaps

There are Rally FlapZ sold here for £69.99 for a set of 4. They had a very marmite reception on these forums with most people falling on the 'hate' side of the fence but I like them and the pics used on that site are of them fitted on my car. They give a different look to your car (Which a lot...
  7. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Also, can I just confirm that the 'value' is a percentage? I am pretty sure it is, just wanted to be certain.....
  8. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

You my friend are a star!
  9. which one?

If its the diesel you are going for then for god's sake get the 184PS, don't make the mistake I made and think you will save fuel because you have less power with the 150.....
  10. VCDS near Birmingham or Worcester

Got all this (Alarm Chirps – Lock and Unlock, Enable Blower Status in Auto Mode, Needle Sweep, Turn On Rear Lights as DRL’s, Mirrors Fold with one press of key fob) done at Midland VW yesterday by a very helpful guy called Chris. The only thing we didn't manage to get done was Front DRL’s on...
  11. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Anyone got the coding for adjusting the DRL's when the headlights are on?
  12. VCDS near Birmingham or Worcester

Still not yet, will give them a call today and see if they can get me in tomorrow or Thursday......
  13. Read this or get wet!

Can't say I have ever been that desperate to open the window LOL. Also in the Leon I can't say I have ever felt the need to cool the car down by opening the window, always find the climate control is pretty spot on.
  14. Paddle shift steering wheel on seat leon 1.2 tsi DSG

Also, see this thread to get an idea if its even worth it. If you want to spend in the area of £1000 voiding the warrenty on a 1.2 Leon then I would personally get far more pleasure from a set of lowering springs, induction kit and stainless cat-back exhaust. Again, just my 'two cents'...
  15. Paddle shift steering wheel on seat leon 1.2 tsi DSG

IMO Very few people will be removing their steering wheel from a new Cupra any time soon. Firstly because they would be removing all the ICE controls from their steering wheel plus their paddles. Also they will be removing the airbag and I am also 99% positive that changing the steering...
  16. VCDS near Birmingham or Worcester

Been in touch with Midland VW today and got a quote (Very friendly and quick to respond to e-mails) - £25 charge for ; Alarm Chirps – Lock and Unlock, Enable Blower Status in Auto Mode, Needle Sweep, Turn On Rear Lights as DRL’s, Front DRL’s on 100% when headlights on, Mirrors Fold with one...
  17. Dash rattle and door cards

I can't belive how much my passenger side dash rattles and I am expecting it to just get worse through winter. I just keep reminding myself that I only have to put up with it for another 9 months until I give the car back and have a new one!
  18. VCDS near Birmingham or Worcester

till not been yet dude, gonna get it serviced in the next week or so then get the VCDS changes done :-)
  19. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Removed my Team Heko Wind deflectors (Got sick of the extra road noise on the M6 and that when I pressure wash the car if any water gets sprayed upwards underneath them then a few dribbles make their way INSIDE the car). Had new Kaylan mud flaps fitted. Whacked some RallyFlapZ stickers on...
  20. LED hightlights

I love the LED's in my Leon, I have come from a Fiesta ST that I had thrown uprated xenon's in and the LED is a much crisper light that the ST gave off (Even with them being those blue tinted 'Ice White' bulbs) and I would say a little brighter. It isn't like driving with the sun following you...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise