Search results

1. Engine swap

The Electric Mii is probably better to drive than the 1.0 TSI.
  2. New/Updated Model?

The camera is pretty bad as the resolution is poor but I guess it’s better than nothing. Wouldn’t want to be without keyless on my FR though.
  3. New/Updated Model?

My 2018 1.5 FR has all that, shocking that 2 years later you still can’t buy a decent spec FR.
  4. 1.5 tsi 150 UK ?

There was a 2019 1.5 on autotrader not so long ago. Must have been one that sat in stock or something.
  5. 1.5 TSI engine software update

I’ve had the update installed a few weeks now and it makes a big difference. Car is a lot smoother now in 1st/2nd especially from cold. Well worth getting done!
  6. 1.5 TSI engine software update

Mini Electric I’m done with ICE cars now.
  7. 1.5 TSI engine software update

That's good to hear!
  8. 1.5 TSI engine software update

Got my 1.5 TSI Ibiza booked in for the software update to fix the cold start kangaroo. It's never been an issue for me but as I'm selling it to my parents in a couple of months I thought it was best to have it done. Bit annoyed that they didn't install it at the service. In my experience Seat...
  9. Ibiza Fr 115 6th gear issue?

Test drive a 1.5 TSI Ibiza if you can find one, that has no problem accelerating in 6th at 65.
  10. Year 2 service what does it cost?

I complained to Seat customer service and they discovered that the £239 is a mistake on the online booking system. They told me that Seat would honour the price listed. I just checked the online system again and the price is still wrong...
  11. Year 2 service what does it cost?

Online booking form on the Seat website says £239 for 2nd Year service (Major). Elsewhere on the website it says £295 and the dealer quoted £295 when I phoned them. What is the actual fixed price?
  12. How many ibiza 1.5 evo where built?

There can't be many 1.5 TSI ibiza about with all the option boxes ticked. My 2018 1.5 TSI FR has almost all options, keyless, climate control, reversing camera, wireless charger/GSM signal booster (they were banned a few months after I got mine), adaptive cruise etc. You can't even buy a brand...
  13. Ibiza build quality

The squeaky clutch pedal is easy to fix, mine did it when new and I just sprayed some 3 in 1 silicone lubricant on it. Hasn't squeaked since, almost 2 years later.
  14. 1.5TSI oil consumption?

Mine is a 2018 model, so it has the pre-WLTP 1.5 TSI engine and definitely doesn't have a GPF. I guess it's possible newer Ibiza have the GPF, they don't sell the 1.5 TSI Ibiza in the UK anymore.
  15. Electric Mii

You might as well pay the extra and get the new Renault Zoe which is far superior to the electric Mii. The finance deals are better on the Renault too.
  16. 1.5TSI oil consumption?

Few days after reading this thread I got a low oil warning on the dash of my 1.5 TSI Ibiza. Luckily I had a litre of VW 504/507 oil in the boot that Seat gave me when I bought the car. I didn't think using VW 508 oil was important in the Ibiza as it doesn't have the GPF filter like other VAG...
  17. Preorder?

The ID.3 has a bigger battery than the BMW i3, the top spec model has nearly twice the range. I only do about 30 miles a day on average so an ID.3 will save me a fair amount on fuel costs, also the performance and instant torque is great.
  18. Preorder?

That's a long wait looks like I'm getting an ID.3 then...
  19. Inspection or servicing

If you don't get the Ibiza serviced every year irrespective of mileage you will lose your warranty with Seat. How old is the car? Seat have a minor service every 12 months / major 24 months.
  20. 1.5 TSI Engine Software Update

Anyone with an 1.5 TSI Ibiza checked with the dealer to see if the engine update to prevent kangarooing is available yet? It's definitely out for the Leon now and other VAG cars. I've not experienced the kangarooing on my Ibiza but I guess it's worth having the update installed if its available.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.