Search results

1. Track car: Ibiza Cupra or ASBO car from *other* manufacturer

hi! Been a while. Always lurking never posting :) quick: had Altea Freetrack modded with darkside, Leon FR, mk3 Leon cupra 290, Altea 1.9 TDI. Im a SEAT man, always have been. Change of job means that i literally cannot speed on UK roads anymore because my living is now tied to my licence, so...
  2. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Aye, always ran Michelin on the FR. Might just have to get a set, store the Contis, then hand the lease back with them :)
  3. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Easing into Cupra ownership from my FR. It's everything I hoped for. Only gripe would be that it came on Contis - better than the alternatives but they struggle a bit for grip, and a couple of early slides on the front end have made me a little over cautious when cornering.
  4. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Today I picked my new cupra up after waiting since April and somehow managed to keep my licence on the way home. I think
  5. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

picking my cupra up at the weekend, its just a vanilla model. What do i need to make sure is in the car before i drive it off? Dont want to discover i am missing something that should be with the car in a few months :D
  6. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

5 door, no options. Ordered last few days of April FYI :)
  7. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

'We now have a confirmed build week for your car, which is Week 39 (W/C 24TH September) so hopefully it will be here around the end of October.' \o/
  8. Seat leon 184 FR tuning

beware the torque limit on the DSG dry box
  9. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

yep got confirmed today, will be getting the MY19 - 290. TBH when i look around there still isnt much competition at the price my lease is at, everything is 75 - 100 ppm more for similar power output, so I can live with a 290 over a 300. And again, tbh, I was already waiting until October 31 for...
  10. SEAT Stop Cupra Production

Mmm. At this point I'm going to go back and start looking at lease deals again. If they offer a 290 not a 300 then that isn't what I ordered and I'm pretty sure that means I can take my deposit back and cancel my contract with no obligation Ffs SEAT, its not like this was a surprise to anyone...
  11. Some Engines Removed From Ordering

brilliant, thanks for taking the time to link me :)
  12. Some Engines Removed From Ordering

Assuming im stupid :):) If I ordered my Cupra DSG 300 end of April is it still being made or not? Could do with knowing asap so I can make appropriate plans.
  13. MPG figures

i have the 1.8 TSi, long term average is 31. Thats a mix of cruise control 30s, sport mode A roads, and mixed driving trips out. I wouldnt expect to get much more for urban driving. Car posts much better averages for long hauls.
  14. Highly possible Cupra 300 purchase - Some questions...

throw into the mix that lead times make a car order today likely to be a February delivery. Worth knowing imo.
  15. Cupra 300 DSG vs Manual?

hey! I have the 1.8 TSi FR with DSG. Has a gearstick flick for the manual rather than steering wheel controls. For about the first two weeks I had it I used it constantly with the stick shift. 22,000 miles later and other than those 2 weeks Ive never used it. Unlikely to return to a full manual...
  16. mot fail

interesting. Has this been done under the new MOT? And did they let you drive off with a fail?
  17. Order Lead Times

hey, first thanks for this info, second I placed my vanilla Cupra order 29th April, factory should have a build week by now right? Worth giving the dealer a poke? because tbh if my April order (original pick up date Oct 31) starts to be Feb/Mar 2019 I sadly will need to pull it and shop elsewhere.
  18. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

Sounds pretty accurate.
  19. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

Momentum Makes Your Car Nose Dive, Lean Back, or Roll Shocks or struts can be in need of replacement when you notice the following related issues: Your car “nose dives” when braking (it leans forward). Your vehicle “rolls” to the side when cornering (it leans side-to-side). Your car “squats”...
  20. Odd DCC Suspension behavior... Help!

Sounds like a description of broken shock absorbers. The old test is to push down on each corner, then release. If the car bounces more than once on a corner you should check the spring.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.