Search results

1. Mark D

Good bye for now. VRS time

After a year of ownership I've decided to sell the Ibiza and get a Fabia VRS. Had 6 before but never the VRS so about time. Had some good times with the Ibiza but 100bhp just isn't enough anymore want the 1.9PD torque! Thanks all for the advice and problems to solve, now I'm back off to...
  2. Mark D

Please help in desperate need of it

Put it in the vehicle section....VAGCOM one never gets as good hits. Then put a title like you have but with a clue to what help is needed. I find that works the best
  3. Mark D

Wouldn't be able to say. If it was me id do some research maybe ask a Seat tech. Hopefully someone else can give some experience
  4. Mark D

Sounds like an internal fault in the module. Check the fuses to be sure think its in the engine bay. Garage prob don't want to confirm as the repair can get costly! Id want to know for sure before spending out on a module that could be fine
  5. Mark D

What car is it? Common fault in the ABS electrical control units. Mainly on Fabias (as some transfer to Seat prob same issues)
  6. Mark D

Pre MOT questions/issues?

They should all pass. EML may be a fail very soon though. VOSA are debating because the EML can come on even for light bulbs in some cars hence hesitation to enforce it
  7. Mark D

Tappets - if/when they need changing.

Well played great price!
  8. Mark D

Looking for 17" fr alloys

I've been looking for the facelift fr alloys. Hard to find some that are in good condition!
  9. Mark D

Not required

Ah thats a better post. Changing the cams involves touching a lot of other systems and wiring. Give a quick 10min check over of everything start from the basics like fault codes to glow plugs before diving in with big jobs. I once spent a few wasted hours chasing heavy duty things when all along...
  10. Mark D

My leon 2.0t

Nice looking wheels there. Quality mods. Fan of the LED rear lights looks more will.i.am future style
  11. Mark D

Not required

Im confused why the timing is being altered? Stretched belt? incorrect tension? everything else investigated before messing with the cams? Why was the cams changed? damaged other things? consequential damage?
  12. Mark D

New Battery?

I agree
  13. Mark D

Tappets - if/when they need changing.

1.4 suffers with a tappet noise however works out to be the bore lining on most. 1.6 not heard many tappets go however if cheap oil or bad history is involved the tappets are prob gunked up. To replace you have to remove the 2 cams and the 16 lifters (which will be scored no doubt) to then...
  14. Mark D

Should something be connected here?

I have the same locking issue. Had it on my Golf and Leon too. The answer for the golf was the wrong lock. There are 2 types of locks. The connectors are blue and i think black? Well the difference is a different circuit board which reads differently. As you have had an accident its likely its a...
  15. Mark D

Coolant Leak Only When Running

Is there dried coolant on the sump? water pump seal common faults
  16. Mark D

Altea ABSl light

Depends what type of sensor it is. There are 2 types. Likely to be a Haul sensor. Should be a part number on it or call TPS they will tell you
  17. Mark D

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Get the hard graft bits out the way then see the progress fly. Video the first start up. will be worth a watch
  18. Mark D

Altea ABSl light

If it was the pump you would, most of the time, have a constant ABS light on. As the traction control light is on as well it looks more linked to the traction control as it uses the ABS and throttle body to control the stability of the vehicle.
  19. Mark D

Altea ABSl light

Seems to fall out of calibration. When I disconnect batteries etc when working on skodas this happens until i drive it and turn it off and on recalibrating it. If its happening after 10 miles something is knocking it out. Could be a faulty sensor or abs ring as both lights link to those units...
  20. Mark D

Installing Rear Indicator LEDs

thanks, missed that one