Search results

1. what have you done to your car today ?

Have used silicone spray on exterior plastics and rubber. Gives nice sheen and ofcourse looks good when wet and the rain just forms into droplets.
  2. Unknown component

oh thats you is it Joe, I emailed you about various parts via ebay.
  3. AMD Essex

Cheers guys and thanks for the positives. I am sure that ben will doscount you next time *wink*
  4. Remap

so are we saying that it is possible to make a FMIC that would not require chopping front bumper? Additional to this, what capacity IC would be needed?
  5. 2 din upgrade

The best approach would be to get a console and take time to do the work, then just do a straight swap. So, anyone got a console up for grabs, with heating controls if poss. Cheers
  6. AMD Essex

thanks guys. I know everyones experiences can differ but it is good to get a feel for I should expect. Have been emailing Ben @AMD and all seems well. Shhhhh.... just dont tell the wife...
  7. 2 din upgrade

Nice tut, to be honest it isnt that bad. Just would need a little patience and plenty of hot glue. centre console looks so much better. Now, what are good 2 din units. We already have a GPS antenna in situ...
  8. If you could have yours wrapped...

For all the oldies out there, Leyton House March Blue!!!!!!
  9. 2 din upgrade

Cheers, so what is the best 1 din headunit that also has sat nav
  10. AMD Essex

Anyone used AMD Essex for work. I am just putting together a list of things to do on the wifes LC1 which include the following - Stage 1 New front brakes (keep same size) Bush upgrades (especially rear bush on front wishbones) Boost gauge (drives side vent) They are relatively easy for...
  11. 2 din upgrade

So, when we got the LC1 some months back it came with a cheapy flip screen 1 din unit that had bells and whistles. As is cusomary with these cheap flip out units, the motorised screen mech has packaged. So have done quick swap with nice head unit from my saxo thta is sitting in the drive...
  12. Problems i need to adress on my car.... advice?

always known then as chocolate blocks.... even the clear ones -
  13. Turbo revs Diverter valve

Baileys should only be enjoyed from a glass. Add ice if you like.... :-)
  14. seat swap LC1

sp that opens up the thread, what other seats could be considered....... Ofcourse straight swap is the aim. Whist I think of this, our previous car was a Passat est 1.8T, this I had much fun driving as the front seats would ratchet down quick low. Is it just me or do LC1's seem to sit you...
  15. what have you done to your car today ?

already thought of that, awesomegti will be getting a call on Wednesday.
  16. seat swap LC1

cheers, so no real benefit. I guess the pain maybe when I come to replace the rear bench and I try to match the pattern.
  17. seat swap LC1

Ok, whilst I can see that there is the option to swap to LCR seats do I actually get a better seat than that in standard LC1? For sure you get nice red piping and a go faster R that must be worth an extra 10bhp but are the seats actually better to sit in.............. In our LC1 we had a...
  18. neuspeed short shift

Just been back out to look at this, I found that a 4.8mm drill bit was ideal for securing the gear lever into its set position. Once in place I locked the box again and the reset the selector cable. When I took the cable off there was some pressure behind it so this would have been from the...
  19. Beginners MODS

Still got these???
  20. neuspeed short shift

the troble with searching, even with general google based ones, is that you find some much rubbish and you have to sift through it. At times it is best to put forward a question and get an answer for your particular situation. But yes, try an search first.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.