Search results

1. markh2908

EA189 N0x emissions action @ SEAT

Yeah it will wipe the maps we have! I have also heard that with the fix it has affected the low down torque, no chance I'm moving away form my stage 1! Makes the car shift quite nicely!
  2. markh2908

EA189 N0x emissions action @ SEAT

Hi Lee, I'm in the same boat as yourself, got a letter yesterday and I currently have stage 1 on my CR170. I contacted Ecotune who's software i have on the car. This was there response hope it helps.... 'We are led to believe this is not a mandatory upgrade it is only advised by Seat. If you...
  3. markh2908

VW Emissions Fix loss of torque Leon CR 170

Is the fix mandatory? Contemplating just ignoring the letter to book my car in as I have stage 1 software on my CR170 anyway.. will it affect anything?
  4. markh2908

Speed blue Supercopa

Hi, Been looking to get one of the LineaR grills myself but most that I have found say it does not fit with the BTCC kit, which one did you go for? I have an identical car to your old Leon.. great cars! Cheers.
  5. markh2908

Time for a remap!

Hopefully you manage to find something! Love the MK4 Ibiza, used to have the FR PD130 was awesome once mapped!
  6. markh2908

Time for a remap!

had an excellent recommendation but it's in Glasgow, bit of a trek!! Ecotune are first class! some guy drove from Germany (I think) for their software.
  7. markh2908

Time for a remap!

Where are you based??
  8. markh2908

Leon Supercopa Wheels Buckled, Advice??

Thanks very much! It was Farmers autocare in Hillington, took the car in to get it balanced and waited on it as it's only a quick job. The mechanic came and got me after about 10minutes and took me over to the balancing machine. Could clearly see the drivers wheel was badly buckled and the...
  9. markh2908

Leon Supercopa Wheels Buckled, Advice??

Found out on Friday that both my front wheels are buckled :( I have a 2012 supercopa in speed blue looking for new wheels to put on it, the wheels currently on the car are the BBS 18" standard supercopa ones. I've seen some I like, does anyone have any photos of the BBS CH 18's on their car...
  10. markh2908

Leon cr fr tdi 170

aye that sounds not too bad! Yeah I'm the same, going to try and keep it anyway. Keep looking at Honda civic Type-r's though.... ! but then when I think of how many miles I do it will cost me a fortune in fuel.
  11. markh2908

Leon cr fr tdi 170

brand new then! just coming up to 39k, bought it a year ago with 17k on it.
  12. markh2908

Leon cr fr tdi 170

aye it's not too bad standard, before my Leon is used to have a MK4 Ibiza PD130 which again was remapped. gutter!! I don't think I can post photos yet, looks good when it's clean. Yeah that's about it, the bodykit and exhaust has all the same equipment inside. How many miles are on yours?
  13. markh2908

Leon cr fr tdi 170

Yeah that's the reason I starting changing lights, they look a bit crap compared to the xenon's! I'm the same I travel 70 mile round trip to work so needed something that was decent on fuel but also had some grunt when we wish to have some fun. The remap took me to 224bhp 345ftlb quite an...
  14. markh2908

Leon cr fr tdi 170

If it's that price then do it! can't go wrong. I've been told by my tuner (ectotune) that is what ruin some diesel engines these days leaving the oil in it for 20k miles, it gets very thin. I'd rather do it every 10k. I've now had it for just over a year, longest car I've owned! I'm the same...
  15. markh2908

Leon cr fr tdi 170

Hello, I have a 2012 CR 170, car states service every 10k miles. I change the oil and filter every 10K and every 20K I will get the fuel, air and pollen done. If you put the long life oil in it then you could stretch it out a bit more.
  16. markh2908

SEAT Leon FR CR170

agreed! I already have the DSG map on mine, was just looking to see what you thought of it.
  17. markh2908

SEAT Leon FR CR170

cheers for the info buddy! I have no smoke at the moment, I've just ordered the same filter you have. Possibly look into DPF delete after I come back from Dubai, that is kind of taking priority at the moment lol. What do you think of the DSG remap?
  18. markh2908

SEAT Leon FR CR170

Mine currently is sat at 223bhp 345ftlb from stage 1 still with DPF, the rollers at Ecotune are usually pretty spot on so I've been told expected to see around 235bhp with DPF mapped out. Very smooth torque and power graph I have too. What are the advantages of doing the EGR?
  19. markh2908

SEAT Leon FR CR170

was just about to ask the question of is it worth taking the DPF out? I've thought about that too, but from my tuner (Ecotune) It's looking to be about £400, not sure I can justify that! Never had any DPF issues as my commute to work is 35miles each way.
  20. markh2908

SEAT Leon FR CR170

and your choice was the pipercross? is this a dry filter? Might give this a bash, thanks for the info.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members