Search results

1. Turbo blown running stage 1, advice needed now with new one

No everything the garage has done is spot on. They've sorted the turbo to be reconditioned and cleaned out every part of the engine possible plus fitted a new oil filter to make sure. My only concern now is I don't want to keep running the map if the turbo is gonna go again but I can't see why a...
  2. Turbo blown running stage 1, advice needed now with new one

The place they took it just reconditioned my turbo and all I've heard is from my mate who works at the garage I took it to. From what you're saying though it doesn't sound like having the stage 1 map should cause the turbo to fail and more that due to its age, mileage, previous driver and a bit...
  3. Turbo blown running stage 1, advice needed now with new one

I think it was the turbo refurb place they took it to that have said it was over spooling. The garage has told me my warranty on the reconditioned turbo is void if the map stays on :/
  4. Turbo blown running stage 1, advice needed now with new one

Well I've run the map for a year now and hadn't had any problems. It ran really nice but over the past month I had noticed my turbo was noisier than before. It was also covering the back of my car in a layer of black soot after some 'spirited' driving. Just wondered as I don't wanna run the map...
  5. Turbo blown running stage 1, advice needed now with new one

So my Leon 2.0 tdi almost gave me a heart attack last Friday a I thought I'd killed it. Probably a regular story from what I've read on here but I was booting with a few mates and suddenly heard a faint high pitched whoosh noise then lost all power. I was in 6th doing about 80 so I dropped down...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.