Search results

1. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Had quite a few emergency stops and crazy driving experiences against insane Range Rover Sport drivers. Impressed me all the way. £27 Mintex and no luck needed as of yet.
  2. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

UPDATE: Still loving these pads and prefer them to DS2500 & DS2000s. When I need to change I will be buying them again and saving myself a lot of money. £27 Mintex ftmfw
  3. adiohead

LCR TIP options

Because it's only £70 (£50 cheaper than other companies charge) and stronger than the standard one. :funk: The guy did ask for "cheapest place to go" The slight gains on the 3" and 80mm don't interest me.
  4. adiohead

LCR TIP options

£70 Autobahn88 one from Japan.
  5. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Another update: I have used them hard and they are absolutely fine, no difference to my old DS2000 and DS2500s No need to waste money on expensive ones. :whistle:
  6. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Another update: The £27 Mintex pads are still working great! Certainly haven't needed "luck" :)
  7. adiohead

best mods

Probably wise to get VAGCOM or another type of error code reader, as ignition coils and sensors fail often. Most people will suggest changing the DV, but don't bother unless your standard one is broken, even with a remap. I'm on standard suspension and find it too low, so can't really...
  8. adiohead

Front Brake pads advice

I've gone through 3 sets of DS2500s and 2 sets of DS2000s and now using Mintex. I'd recommend Mintex
  9. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Loving my new £27 Mintex pads so far. Haven't noticed any difference between them, DS2500s and DS2000s. And I've activated the pad sensor warning again. :) I will inform if they end up wrecking my EBC Ultimax discs
  10. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

I'm surprised you sell EBC discs as people used to go on about them being crap. I bet a lot of people are running Mintex pads and are perfectly happy. My point is, you don't have to waste money on stupid things like DS2500 pads, when the cheaper DS2000 do the job just as well. People...
  11. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Please tell me why I will need luck. TMD Friction Group own Pagid, whick you sell.
  12. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Nothing wrong with Mintex. Please tell me why I will need luck. They're going to be used on a standard LCR which just does normal day-to-day driving. If they're crap I will let you know. I've noticed no difference between DS2500 and DS2000, except the price. In fact, I'd recommend the...
  13. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

nope, I'm not bothering next time. They do look nicer though lol I also used to use DS2500, but downgraded to DS2000 to save money and noticed no change. My next set will be a cheap pair of Mintex pads (with the wear sensor) for £27, lol.
  14. adiohead

Fans

I'm getting a Nime box
  15. adiohead

Nime box

Yeah, I found that thread too. Just wondered if it would solve my problem and if anyone else on here has got one. this thread is good too, althought the OP sounds as confused as I am: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331404&page=2 Looks like I'm ordering a Nime box...
  16. adiohead

Nime box

I've seen that guide, but it's not for me. I don't have the tools to make up a heat sink and the Nime box seems a lot easier to fit. Will the Nime box do the same job? I'd like to hear from people with them as I read one post on here about fault code and radio signal problems. I'd rather...
  17. adiohead

Nime box

Who has one? Had any problems? I've been told I have the usual 1 speed fan fault, would the Nime box fix this issue? I don't fancy forking out £470 for the new fans. :(
  18. adiohead

Cupra R Discs

It's probably down to your track day driving brake abuse, jumping over hills and splashing people with puddles, xa0s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jX_RcfCmVk
  19. adiohead

Which LCR Brake Discs?

Any old plain 323mm discs EBC? I have EBC ultimax but I'd probably just get plain ones next time.
  20. adiohead

EGT errors - SOLVED (hopefully)

nope. With the EGT unplugged I was getting MAF errors "signal too high". My standard TIP was collapsing, causing a build up of air around the MAF, and causing the EGT to do it's job and fuel dump into the engine.