Search results

1. Bad turbo noise?

Thanks for the advice, did you get the same sound before yours blew?
  2. Coolant loss

They do go flat once used, it's a good idea to replace - I have only ever used ones from stealer/tps.
  3. Bad turbo noise?

Hi everyone, I'm getting some noises from my turbo on my pd150 engine... I can hear the siren like noise but also a bit of a metallic version of the normal boosting sound. I'm guessing worn bearing and new turbo needed? Anyone have an idea of what's gone wrong here? I've attached this film -...
  4. Mk1 seat leon fr build

Looking really good, how's it looking now?
  5. Leon FR (pd150) Limp mode solved

Hi, I thought I'd post up my experience having got loads of help reading old posts on the forum! I was noticing boost not coming in til over 2000 rpm and then on a long drag putting my foot down at about 65mph in 5th limp mode kicked in. Restarted engine and it was back to normal. Looking at...
  6. Another slow speed fan thread

Thanks for your help :-)
  7. Radiator Fans and Air Con Problem

So if one resistor pack is gone that means new fan or resistor mod?
  8. Another slow speed fan thread

Mark I might need a control box from you. I'll let you know :-)
  9. Radiator Fans and Air Con Problem

Thanks for your reply mark! My fuses are intact though. My Airton does work when moving as well. Tom
  10. Radiator Fans and Air Con Problem

Strange! I'm thinking it's the fan control module and might try changing it. There's lots of info about the slow fan failure and reading that I found out how to test the fan at both speeds by bypassing the fan switch. The slow fan is pretty quiet, the fast fan is like an aeroplane taking off...
  11. Another slow speed fan thread

Hi what was the outcome of this problem? I have fans only coming on with aircon. Both high and low speed fans work when connected directly to the battery. I have previously changed the thermoswitch (green one) and haven't had the engine temp go over 90. How do you get the temp up to 108?
  12. Radiator Fans and Air Con Problem

Did you fix this? My fans don't come on unless the aircon is switched on, at which point the slow fan comes on. I tested both fans and they do both work. Even in hot temperatures, sitting in traffic, the fans stay off, but the temperature gauge has not gone above 90. (I had to change the green...
  13. eek eek eek

Thanks CHambers, I'll give that a try. A mount would make sense.
  14. Fans not kicking in/over temping

Thanks Ben, I'll have a go and let you know. I've also changed to green temp sensor due to fluctuating temp gauge on dash. Tom
  15. eek eek eek

ANy thoughts on this? I'm changing the alternator belt tomorrow - it's got some cracking on it. Thanks :)
  16. Fans not kicking in/over temping

Ben, I have this problem. I'll be changing the switch tomorrow and hope it works. Surely if yours is not coming on till that high temp there is something wrong? Is the switch not calibrated to come on at about 87 for low speed fans? I have only ever seen my fans on with air con, they wont cut...
  17. eek eek eek

Hey, thanks for your reply. I only hear it when driving though, not at stand still. When pulling away its under 2000 revs that I hear it. Nice wheels BTW
  18. eek eek eek

Hi all! I've got a funny eek sound coming from either the engine or under the dash. It happens when I pull away in first as I lift the clutch (when I lift the clutch off really slowly it doesn't happen) but also when i accelerate hard in any gear (probably after about a second or two after...
  19. Fans only work with air-con on FR Tdi

Hey, thanks I don't have vcds. I just read the entire twin fans thread and wonder if it's an airlock in the coolant stopping the switch getting up to temp. Maybe I should try to look at that before the switch. Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 4
  20. Fans only work with air-con on FR Tdi

Hi, I hope someone can help me with fixing this fan problem. Low speed fans come on when air-con is switched on but they don't cut in otherwise. The car runs at a steady 90c according to needle gauge and also 90c on the climate display thing (code 51c). Having read the (golf) Haynes manual...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.