Search results

1. Bad turbo noise?

Hi everyone, I'm getting some noises from my turbo on my pd150 engine... I can hear the siren like noise but also a bit of a metallic version of the normal boosting sound. I'm guessing worn bearing and new turbo needed? Anyone have an idea of what's gone wrong here? I've attached this film -...
  2. Leon FR (pd150) Limp mode solved

Hi, I thought I'd post up my experience having got loads of help reading old posts on the forum! I was noticing boost not coming in til over 2000 rpm and then on a long drag putting my foot down at about 65mph in 5th limp mode kicked in. Restarted engine and it was back to normal. Looking at...
  3. eek eek eek

Hi all! I've got a funny eek sound coming from either the engine or under the dash. It happens when I pull away in first as I lift the clutch (when I lift the clutch off really slowly it doesn't happen) but also when i accelerate hard in any gear (probably after about a second or two after...
  4. Fans only work with air-con on FR Tdi

Hi, I hope someone can help me with fixing this fan problem. Low speed fans come on when air-con is switched on but they don't cut in otherwise. The car runs at a steady 90c according to needle gauge and also 90c on the climate display thing (code 51c). Having read the (golf) Haynes manual...
  5. Fans and turbo sound - what's normal?

Hi, I've recently bought a 2006 FR tdi - it's lovely! I had a fluctuating temp gauge so having read posts on here, changed the coolant temp sensor and the gauge is working fine. The fans are operating at slow speed when aircon is on but I haven't seen them switch on without aircon. Is this...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members