Search results

1. ando

Handbrake kind of sound coming from back of car over bumps

Exhaust back box came loose this evening.. it was barely hanging on when I got home. Currently holding it on with a modified clothes hanger. Need to get a new backbox as the cause of the problem was the brackets holding the backbox up have broken off. These brackets were welded onto the backbox...
  2. ando

Handbrake kind of sound coming from back of car over bumps

Howdy guys, A couple of weeks ago my car started making squeaking noises when going over bumps (rear of car). It came and went in intensity over the next few weeks. I thought it was manageable but then last night the sound changed. Now when I go over a bump, there's a sound like a handbrake...
  3. ando

Leon warning light.. what is it?

Yea I have a local mechanic that has VAG COM, he hooked it up and sure enough, brake light switch... None of the brake lights are working!!! My third Seat to have the brake light switch go on me lol! Thank god it wasnt anything to do with the engine :)
  4. ando

Thanks, found this topic from a while back: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175067
  5. ando

Hi guys, Leon mk1 150 TDI FR Can anyone tell me what that warning light is. The one in the middle on the left (curly one), it started flashing this morning but the Leon manual doesnt have it in it??? PS, please ignore the rest of the lights, I just started the engine when I took that pic
  6. ando

Indicator problems.. Video!

Thanks guys. I took the vid down, it wasn’t me videoing it but yes I can see where you're coming from Rob!
  7. ando

Indicator problems.. Video!

Hi guys, A few days ago my car started to make the indicator "Tick Tock" sound by itself. I was driving this morning it was doing it... It happens when I indicate to change lane or turn a corner.. The car indicates like normal but then after the indicator switches off through the normal...
  8. ando

European headlight on car.. told to get UK headlight

They failed it on the irish mot test. If I go upto a wall and put on my headlights the headlights beam looks like a \ / shape instead of a \ \ shape. My drivers side headlight is not pointing off to the left like it should be, it blinds oncoming traffic :( Ok I'm going to try take the spare...
  9. ando

European headlight on car.. told to get UK headlight

Hi guys, For whatever reason, my Seat Leon mk1 has a European headlight fitted on the drivers side?!???? which means its against the law to drive on UK or Irish roads. I have been pulled over and told to get a UK headlight fitted asap. I'm trying to convert the headlight from European to UK...
  10. ando

FR 150 Servicing Schedule

Hi Irishman, im guessing your in Ireland! Where bouts you located? I always get my work done on my FR 150 in Drogheda as there's a garage there (official Seat) that has very good rates compared to Dublin based Seat dealers
  11. ando

Glow plug light started flashing while driving

Actually now ive noticed the brake lights are not working at all. Another user had the same problem a few yrs ago and found it to be the brake switch! I am guessing a new brake switch will do the trick and fix my problem aswell. The brake switch was on its way out anyway the last while so...
  12. ando

Glow plug light started flashing while driving

Hi guys, Driving down the motorway in my 05 FR TDI Leon (mk1) and the Glow plug light started flashing. In the manual it says "If while driving a fault occurs in the diesel engine management system, this is indicated by the warning light flashing." Any thoughts? Im going to try get it...
  13. ando

Metallic rattling sound from wheel

I think its gone, I cant hear it anymore??
  14. ando

Metallic rattling sound from wheel

Guys there is a metallic rattling sound developing on the left side of my Leon diesel FR. Not sure what it could be? It seems to be getting more noticeable as the days go by. I only hear it when driving slowly with the window open. Any ideas?
  15. ando

Ibiza Cupra/FR Tdi mpg

I recently went from a Cupra R to a FR Tdi 150bhp. Not sure if that's the exact model you're after but just wana say the economy is fantastic. Goin at 80mph, the rev meter is just over 2000rpm. I've gone from 100 quid a week petrol to 60 (max on a bad week). Peformance isn't bad at all, I miss...
  16. ando

Vibrations @ motorway speeds

I think it's there all the time but I notice it a lot when accelerating, all around 60 or 70 mph. No vibrations at all when braking
  17. ando

Vibrations @ motorway speeds

Any thoughts on this? My car vibrates when at about 60 or 70mph, only when accelerating. If I take my foot off the accelerator there are no vibrations. I'm going to try get my wheels properly balanced but is there anything else I could look out for? Wheels are 225/45/17, tyre pressure 30...
  18. ando

Timing belt and water pump change..

Hey just a quick question, how much should it be for a timing belt and water pump change from a main Seat dealer? Whats the going rate? 05 Leon FR at 57k miles, so time for change!
  19. ando

V5 registration issue date not right on car im looking at buying...

hi, sorry i got mixed up.. The V5 cert issue date is 10/12/08 When i check with the DVLA, its saying the issue date was 18/12/08..... Everything else checks out ok, just wondering if a week difference between what is printed on the V5 cert and what the issue date is on the DVLA...
  20. ando

V5 registration issue date not right on car im looking at buying...

Hi guys, Im currently looking for a new seat diesel, i had one checked out at hpicheck.com and it came back saying the V5 registration issue date was different to the DVLA record. Is this something to really worry about? Everything else is ok, like chassis matches the VRM, the V5 serial is not...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.