Search results

1. Gagwithgaffer

Quattro Cupra R Mk2 RS3 Engine Swap!

So, after doing some extensive research over the last few days, a few conundrums has arisen! I bought the donor engine on the understading it's an DNWA (which is year 2020 --> 2021) however it transpires then engine is actually a DNWC which is from 2022/2023. Audi made a revision of the RS3...
  2. Gagwithgaffer

Its already running 4WD mate, (quattro haldex gen 2)
  3. Gagwithgaffer

Hi Folks, Thought i'd start a new thread from the last project build which is also here on the readers rides forum. We eventually finished the previous project some years ago, around 2015 and hadnt done much since. Car had been running sweet but with 500+ horses I found driving with a manual...
  4. Gagwithgaffer

Quattro Cupra R Mk2 Project

Hi All, Sorry i left it so long, one of the last replies in 2015 was from a friend from the group who regrettably lost his life on a tour in Europe so I didnt feel like continuing the thread after this in respect to him. Car was finished and can be found on Facebook as well. Some exciting...
  5. Gagwithgaffer

How to remove Cupra R Factory Spoiler?

I've just been looking at some other forums and utube vids, many people seem to find using dental floss helps to slice through the adhesive without damaging the paint work, applying a little heat with a gun on low setting or hair dryer before hand... New spolier ordered, OEM side skirts...
  6. Gagwithgaffer

Defo will do mate
  7. Gagwithgaffer

Hi Mate, thanks for your reply. So I take it that the red plastic trim you have was simply stuck on with some form of adhesive? no screws/bolts etc? I may ask the body shop to remove and fit the new one, they'll likely ask me for further details, thanks in advance
  8. Gagwithgaffer

Hello All, I am interested in fitting the RDX rear spoiler for my Mk2 Cupra R 2012. However the RDX Team advise that I would need to remove the factory fitted spoiler before fitting the new one. Attached images shows my factory spoiler: Can anyone please advise on any instructions/guides...
  9. Gagwithgaffer

Progress Update Hi Everyone, to give you an update on our progress. We'll soon be taking our Cupra down to Revo’s HQ for the BIG Tune! [B)] Today we fed Kung Fu some racing oil for breakfast before making our way out to the track for some final tests... We pulled over to one side...
  10. Gagwithgaffer

My LCR

Hi Josh, bad news mate, can highly recommend the REVO engine mounts if you need an alternative solution.
  11. Gagwithgaffer

My LCR

Hi Josh, Awesome, look forward to seeing your progress. Just in case you hadn't seen the thread since the weekend, we've updated it with the latest episode (Stage 4 Build) if you go to page 5 about 3/4 way down the page you'll find us there :) Reagrds
  12. Gagwithgaffer

My LCR

Quattro Cupra Build Hi Mate, Before you go too far with the project, speak with Andy from Autotechnica in Hull (01482 353 369) also for reference please see our full build thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395730 He is the man to help you with your build, he...
  13. Gagwithgaffer

Road Test Time! So we hit the road, after several months of hard work we could finally experience the fruits of our labour! We pulled away from the garage and set off down the road, letting Kung Fu’s valves open up once again, with a gentle roar and gurgle coming from his hefty lump...
  14. Gagwithgaffer

REVO Stage 4... The BIG BUILD! cont... The picture below shows the GTX3076R and former GT3071R unit compared side by side, noticeably a big difference! The GTX has a much bigger compressor wheel with an increased number of fan blades, which allows for much better air flow throughput...
  15. Gagwithgaffer

REVO Stage 4... The BIG BUILD! cont... Manufacturer X support team’s response was we could simply bend the oil jets out the way of the skirt wall in order to avoid the collision. We immediately thought this was a bad idea and entered into some weeks of hard debate over the suitability...
  16. Gagwithgaffer

REVO Stage 4... The BIG BUILD! cont... The picture below shows some nylon copex tubing that was installed between the main cabin and the engine. I had to make a couple of Y shaped junction points for where certain cables were to be routed to the different parts of the engine bay. A...
  17. Gagwithgaffer

REVO Stage 4... The BIG BUILD! Hi Everyone… We’re back!!!! You can follow our progress on our Facebook Project Page... see https://www.facebook.com/QuattroCupra Well it’s been a long while since our last update, some of you may have developed grey hairs in the time we’ve...
  18. Gagwithgaffer

Hi Everyone, yes sorry we didn't have the Cupra on show, we're still re-building the engine at the mo, we were all a bit gutted that it wasn't ready in time for the VW fest but we should have it back on the road fairly soon. We have to get the piston valve pockets machined for the high lift cams...
  19. Gagwithgaffer

My Revo'd Leon Cupra K1!

Autotechnica - Milltek Exhaust up for grabs Hi Robbo Welcome to the forums, nice ride mate :) As your based in Hull I felt it's only my duty to recommend Autotechnica to you. Andy and his team have turned my Cupra into and real monster, a really good bunch of guys and well worth speaking...
  20. Gagwithgaffer

SCN Downtime - 09.07.14

Membership I'd def pay some fee to keep the site going, we've put too much time into our thread to lose it.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.