Search results

1. robertj

Going to build a race 1m

Easy Composites. They have everything you need and loads of tutorials. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. robertj

Going to build a race 1m

And now you wouldn’t know it was Carbon! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. robertj

Going to build a race 1m

I know Ilya. We were having a competition to see who would do the roof first! He beat me by a couple of weeks but mine is lighter! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. robertj

Going to build a race 1m

I just moulded a new roof for my Clio exactly the same way. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. robertj

Going to build a race 1m

I believe you can do the conversion with an Audi S3 floor pan and rear end. Someone on here did it a few years ago Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. robertj

robertj's LCR. New track toy in the garage

Good idea. I guess you maybe able to sell them to others too then, to help finance the repairs!
  7. robertj

Very entertaining. Nice to see good quality components being used and some thought going into it. Slightly concerned by the amount of effort going into the bodywork if you’re going to race it though! Any small nudges will put paid to all that lovely filling and blending! If it’s just time attack...
  8. robertj

Just read it right through! Thanks.
  9. robertj

Has he got a build thread on here?
  10. robertj

Is this another 172 and LCR owner? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. robertj

After seeing Grahams81-Leon 4wd thread raising it's head I thought I'd dip back in to my rather dormant thread! I actually stillown my LCR although it's been sitting looking sorry for itself under a cover for a couple of years after blowing a head gasket at Thruxton. My petrol head fix now...
  12. robertj

driveshaft oil seal replacement

It is easiest to just replace the whole driveshaft. they are about £30 from J & R on EBay and will save you a lot of mess and hassle. Plus you get new inner and outer CV joints!
  13. robertj

My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

That's what I thought. Hope there's not too much flex in the parts once on the move. Looks great though! :D
  14. robertj

Just a quick update today. The Clio has its new livery . And then yesterday we bought this....... Found on Pistonheads. Not as good as the other one but its a good starting point and plenty of benefits of racing two cars the same, like parts sharing and as they are the...
  15. robertj

Jetex Induction Kit/Cone Filter.

Jabba do a kit with heat shield included. I think it's generally known that these kits don't give any significant gains over a standard airbox and in some cases have reduced power. They do however, sound good! :)
  16. robertj

Coilover obession - Why do you really want coilovers???

You won't regret moving to a good quality coilover. The main advantage being the adjustability which you will really feel the benefit of on track. The V2s will do the job but if you can stretch to V3s or Clubsports you can really get into fine tuning it. I run 2 cars with Clubsports and while...
  17. robertj

Very soon Tom. I'll be starting to strip the car down in the next couple of weeks. Needs a new clutch too so I'll probably be fitting a lightened flywheel and paddle clutch. Then it's rollcage, seats, harnesses etc. Fortunately we are friends with the owner of Corbeau Seats who is also one of...
  18. robertj

A quick update as I haven't been on here for a while. Been a busy year turning my trackday obsession in to a business. Our 350Z has a couple of stable mates now, although the BMW has been ours for a few years its now getting some proper use and is inline for some decent upgrades over the...
  19. robertj

LCR light weight edition, Getting broken up

Good to have you back on here. Although I haven't been on here much myself lately either! The track day toys have become a business now :)
  20. robertj

Leon Cupra project “The Black Mamba” 800++ HP 1.8t build(engine assembly page 9)

Option 3 looks best. Maybe a small heatsheild over it might help also. Nice work :)