Search results

1. DTUK tuning box

The whole forum is full of fuk wits.
  2. DTUK tuning box

As if a youtube video proves anything. Only total morons believe what they see on youtube.
  3. Should have got a GTD......

Using your phone whilst driving, even for taking photos is an offence with points and a fine.
  4. tyre pressure warning

It will inform you if a tyre looses more than approx. 30% of the pressure. Its not a substitute for regular checks, its there to warn you if there is a significant loss of pressure. Also remember that if all your tyres lost, for example, 75% of their air and were virtually flat the system...
  5. tyre pressure warning

They don't take that long but you do need to drive down a strait road for a few hundred yards. Exactly the same system on my BMW alerted me a couple of times to a tyre that had lost about 10 psi when I was within 1/4 mile of home.
  6. Losing Traction

Are you sure its wheel spin, could be the clutch starting to slip.
  7. MK3 1.8 TSI Tuning

When I bought my car I spotted in the brochure that the max torque of the 1.4 TSi and 1.8 TSi was identical except that in the 1.8 it was at slightly higher revs, in every other car I have bought the bigger engine has always had more torque at lower revs. Presuming this to be a misprint I asked...
  8. LED headlights

There is a shop in most towns that offers to fit new batteries. Timpsons shops are very common and offer this service. Your Seat dealer would also do it for you. There will also be details of how to do it in the handbook.
  9. Extended Warranty?

Would have thought that was obvious. I stated in post number 2 where I mentions the fact that the engines were now belt not chain that I had a 1.4. This is what I wrote: "when I bought my 1.4 TSi. Although the new belt drive engine is completely different to the old chain drive"
  10. Scary Fault

Had a similar thing very occasionally with my Puma many years ago. Hit the accelerator and drop the clutch, absolutely nothing then all of a sudden it would shoot of like its arse was on fire, a bit dangerous when a 38 tonner is rapidly approaching, the old sphincter got some exercise. Never...
  11. Extended Warranty?

No. The previous TSi engines were chain drive, the new ones are belt drive.
  12. Extended Warranty?

You can only purchase the genuine Seat extended warranty when you buy the car. Any other warranty you buy will be either Seats warranty for older cars or an aftermarket warranty not worth the paper its written on. The Seat warranty you would get when the car is 3 years old does not cover as...
  13. Extended Warranty?

Bought it when I bought my 1.4 TSi. Although the new belt drive engine is completely different to the old chain drive the number of horror stories I had read over the years made me nervous and since I keep my cars about 5 years normally the extra cost was well worthwhile since provided you...
  14. LED headlights

Well if you cannot understand English perhaps you should get some education. Not being able to understand the written word is not a laughing matter.
  15. LED headlights

If someone buying a used Leon in 5 years time puts LED headlamps on top of his list of requirements they will deserve all they get. A sensible buyer will look at the whole car and make a sensible decision. Not having LED lamps is not a problem for me and I suspect will not be a problem for...
  16. LED headlights

When I bought my Leon the pack including LED lights was a £500 option instead of the £2000 originally listed. But that only applied to cars that were factory orders or had been built to include the LED lights. My car was in stock thus it was not an option but at least I got immediate delivery (4...
  17. Upgrade alloys & car insurance

My Aviva policy clearly states that I am covered for up to £500 of factory fitted extras, I have none so not a concern. However, as roger 7248 suggests if my car is written off within the first 12 months I would get a brand new car. But if I had bought my car fitted with every factory fitted...
  18. DSG 7 version

Correct except for one small point. I hate it when people modify brand new cars especially when those cars have won 5* rating in magazine tests and are the best in their class. Why people think a few bolt on goodies and a box with a diode in it makes them better is beyond me. Suppose they...
  19. 1.4 TSI vs 1.8 TSI (Manual) on the road

The speed/1000 rpm will be quoted for the standard model in the range. The 1.4 TSi is fitted with 16" wheels/tyres on the base SE model yet in the 1.8 TSi the FR trim is standard with the 17" wheel/tyre combination. The small difference will result from this. In truth it would be totally...
  20. 1.4 TSI vs 1.8 TSI (Manual) on the road

Just downloaded current brochure. The gear ratios for the 1.4 TSi and the 1.8 TSi are still the same as they were 7 months ago and are identical. See page 21 in the link, bottom left hand corner. http://web1.seat.co.uk/static/brochures/SEAT_Leon_range_brochure.pdf?trid=5DR
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.