Search results

1. Selling a nearly new car?

My Golf GT made quite a bang when I floored the engine off the line in wet conditions. It was basically the ABS/traction control trying to stop the wheel slip. I experience similar banging (though not as loud) with the Leon.
  2. Short term lease

Thanks for replying! :) Actually, the car doesn't need to cost £500 per month (although two car rental agencies asked for that much!). Flexed/Autohorn is asking for £250-275 for a small 5-door car on a short term lease (at least 28 days). However they charge an initial hire fee and...
  3. Short term lease

Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum! My assignment in the UK has been extended by 12 months and I need a car. I noticed Seat only offers 18-month leases. Could someone recommend other brands or reputable businesses I could work with to get a short term lease? I'm considering a...
  4. Leon 1.4 TSI FR after Golf GTI?

I see more Leons on the road than Golfs mk7 here in northern Scotland. That says it all, it's the most popular car.
  5. New Car Bedding In Info / Help Please

The consumption dropped significantly after the first 1000 miles, from low 30s to 40s mpg; so something must be going on in the initial bedding process... I was specially careful with the Leon in the first couple thousand miles as I had engine problems with my last car. Yet last weekend I...
  6. Wrong order

ay, freebies are required! The DSG is nice...
  7. Fuel gauge and range (in)accuracy

The top half of the tank must be bigger, while the bottom half gets smaller by the mile. The last 1/4 tank disappears quickly. Nevertheless, I still get about 400 miles per tank so it's fine (50/50 mixed driving).
  8. My annoyance list after first week of ownership

I use a 64 GB USB stick from Sandisk. Makes it easy to change things around on the PC and plug it back in later.
  9. Life Shine & GAP Insurance...yay or nay?

The dealer matched the GAP insurance I found online - didn't even need to provide proof. So you could always ask them to match the price and get everything together. I agree the dealer lifeshine pkg is rubbish. I bought some nano tech stuff for the cloth seats and even a year later water still...
  10. Condensation

Doesn't seem that bad on mine. The Golf was all misty every morning. The Leon is maybe 2/7 days. Guess I got a good one...
  11. Spoiler Added - paintwork

Wow, the colour looks quite different. I wouldn't be happy with that.
  12. Electric folding wing mirrors

Where I lived before, I'd just fold the mirror manually each time. Less hassle than trying to retrofit and costs nothing. :)
  13. Options Decoder

Nice!! :rofl:
  14. Does 0% finance deal get the £1,000 deposit contribution?

Different dealers will adjust the contribution amount to their own liking. I saw the local dealer actually decrease the std contribution by 500 GBP on his screen before giving me a quote. Needless to say, I didn't buy there.
  15. Bass/Tone settings

Random question - on the Golf mk6 stereo, I could adjust the sound for different media (i.e. FM, DAB, CD, AUX) and the stereo would remember each different set up. On the Leon mk3 it seems to keep the same set up for any media. Anyone experience differently? I found the Leon's std sound a bit...
  16. A few observations with my new Leon and its media plus system

BBC World Service's logo shows up automatically on the stereo in my car. The others stations are empty, though. :(
  17. What should my car come with?

Mine came with 1/4 fuel tank, didn't get a copy of the invoice, and the plates I requested with 'GB' logo didn't come on the car. Overall, 4 out of 5 stars to dealership in Stoke.
  18. Daytime running lights and optical parking system.

Just to clarify, the front sensors come up automatically if you drive very close to something. This happened to me on a round about when a truck pulled up next to me a bit too close and the sensors came on the screen to alert me.
  19. Current tyres being fitted

Our Leon 1.2 with optional 17" rims came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 225/45 R17 tyres. As some reviewers mentioned, the tyre does lose some grip when it's very cold. The traction control came in earnest Monday morning when it was 4 C and raining and my wife took the car on a roundabout at 30+ mph...
  20. Which floor mats?

The dealer says Seat doesn't sell rubber mats for the new Leon. "Just go to Halfords." I had them on my Golf and they made a huge difference and very easy to clean too! The carpet ones were dirty on the second day. I'm hoping to try the new Golf mk7 mats on my Leon this weekend. I heard the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise