Search results

1. ChrisThomas99

Rainbird's LCR

as I browse your thread I cannot help but feel that I should post all the little things I do to mine as it would make for much better reading, although half of them would be a photo of my car at Shell with a petrol pump next to it :lol:
  2. ChrisThomas99

Rainbird's LCR

did you get the roll bars collected today?
  3. ChrisThomas99

Rainbird's LCR

you say "whether" or not about the hybrid turbos. you mean WHEN :p
  4. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

fair one! they did say it was a common one to go, life goes on. haha nah I completely understand, I only really use them as its a 30 second walk home when I drop it off :rofl:. march?! that's ages away :(
  5. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

Rob was it the vacuum breather? that was the exact one that went on mine! I bit the bullet and got a new one from TPS, it was part of a series though, couldn't get a single pipe as its all enclosed so I got the bundle and it fixed it! I have fixed all issues but one now, im boosting comfortably...
  6. ChrisThomas99

dump valve/boost problem

249, I've been told by many to do the bypass
  7. ChrisThomas99

dump valve/boost problem

ive had a smoke test done previously and one pipe was split, had it replaced and there are no more leaks, but this issue is still ongoing. as for the temp sensor, can it affect the DV operation? ive tried a few DVs and they all do the same, as for the temp sensor ill do that this weekend and see...
  8. ChrisThomas99

Rainbird's LCR

Can we just get this organised?! I am itching to get out!!
  9. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

no worries mate, it is an odd one! hope they find it dude :D
  10. ChrisThomas99

dump valve/boost problem

Hi all, this is on my 2003 Cupra R, basically approx 2 weeks ago I had a boost leak, at the time I did not realise it was a boost leak, my old dump valve on release didn't create much of a hiss, it was more of a quick hiss then a loud TING, so I took it to the garage, had it all checked out and...
  11. ChrisThomas99

strange boost issue? lcr

nothing like ive had mate, mine was just constantly down, you could feel it holding back no matter what, I had a boost gauge on mine today and it was sat at a steady 20psi right the way through the gears, whereas before my crank vacuum one was done it would fluctuate between 15-18. I'd say get...
  12. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

Sweet jesus! is that a smoke and pressure test or just smoke? in their defence it was literally a 30 second job to find my massive split haha. Yes indeed Luke, the original leak was from the crank breather which is a vacuum, quite common apparently, but anyway, there is a second pipe that's...
  13. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

let me know how it goes mate! I'll post an update tomorrow once mine returns :p
  14. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

I was going to go down that route but all the major pipes are less than a year old so I didn't see the point, chucked them 20 of the queens finest found me a leak, fixed it then did another test just for good measure, although I think since this that I've developed a vacuum leak on the actuator...
  15. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

yes mate, I had it done by Rhino Motors in Plympton, Shane and Ryan, I can't fault them! They also have VCDS so if you need any logging done, they're the right team!
  16. ChrisThomas99

Rainbird's LCR

ahhhh, the washer is pretty much new just unfortunately it never came with the extras! Should you get your VCDS cable working one day, fancy plugging me in for some beer tokens and cuddles? :)
  17. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

I know its a miltek catback but I felt sure the backbox was standard until I had a gentle browse online, I would like to change to cobra in the near future though.
  18. ChrisThomas99

Rainbird's LCR

its surprising what different chemicals can do! you always hear detaillers saying that the pricey stuff is quality, I would never argue with them but a ten pound bottle of G3 certainly has made a difference! Also, I noticed a Halfords pressure washer there, have you got a snowfoam lance for...
  19. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

If I hadn't of been half asleep I would of given you a toot! Sadly by the time I realised it was yourself that had passed me too much time had lapsed, so I do apologise haha! Nothing exciting to report today, gave the car a quick once over inside and out, what with all this disgusting salt...
  20. ChrisThomas99

ChrisThomas99s' 2003 LCR

Looks to be a display issue indeed!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.