Search results

1. JackReacher

Changing the copper Seat badges for Silver

Does anyone know whether it is straightforward to swap the copper badges for regular silver ones on a recent Cupra Leon ST? I'm sure some like the copper, but personally can't stand it.
  2. JackReacher

High mileage, 1.4 ACT

Thanks both, yes the cambelt will certainly be changed if we keep it. It's been a great car, just worried it might start to cost money. I did find an estate for sale on autorrader with 210k miles, that's good going!
  3. JackReacher

High mileage, 1.4 ACT

We've had our 2014 Leon since new, just coming up to 5 years old and it's done 90k mostly trouble free miles. We took out the 5 year warranty when new and had a couple of suspension struts replaced under that, and a new radiator. We are debating whether to sell and move on, or keep it. It...
  4. JackReacher

Cupra 300 General Discussion and Pics

I was at Geneva on Tuesday, had a good look over the blue Cupra ST they have at the show and to be honest was a bit disappointed. I think the front styling is a lot more fussy, and prefer the pre-facelift cupra look. I also think the alloys are too big and blingy. What's wrong with having...
  5. JackReacher

MK3 Leon - dissapointing!

My October 2014 FR had the instrument cluster rattle, and was fixed. However, it needs to go back in soon as both rear lights have cracked, the rear boot struts need replacing, and the front suspension shocks have had enough and are leaking. It is all being done under warranty thankfully...
  6. JackReacher

Cupra 300 General Discussion and Pics

Very thorough review by Autogefhul with a focus on the 4drive version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkQPxaIvfY
  7. JackReacher

2017 Leon!!!

Looking forward to seeing full details on the Cupra ST AWD. The big wants for me are that bucket seats continue to be an option, and ideally availability of heated windscreen that Skoda and VW seem to offer but not Seat. It also needs to be notably cheaper than the Golf R because otherwise...
  8. JackReacher

1.4 ACT breakdown - coolant loss

Just from the reservoir. Seat assist has been very good so far, taken to the garage and an Ibiza courtesy car provided without any hassle. Just hope it gets sorted quickly. Initial look suggests radiator leak but they will look properly at the garage.
  9. JackReacher

1.4 ACT breakdown - coolant loss

Car broke down tonight, low coolant light came on and most of it had gone. Seat assist advised to top up with water to get it home and it will get looked at tomorrow. It has done 19k miles and was only serviced a few weeks back :confused: Bit worrying as our previous car, an A1 1.6tdi broke...
  10. JackReacher

Monsoon Grey Cupra ST

There is a good review on YouTube by a German guy (in English) of the cupra st, that's monssoon grey so worth a watch
  11. JackReacher

200 miles over service interval, problem for warranty?

Thanks all, sounds like it's not an issue
  12. JackReacher

200 miles over service interval, problem for warranty?

My Leon is booked in for it's first service at the weekend, currently indicating 200 miles before the oil and inspection service is due but the car is likely to go 150-200 miles over by the weekend. I'm sure there is a bit of flex in the interval, but does anyone know how much? I have the...
  13. JackReacher

The great European rally 2015

Sad news
  14. JackReacher

1.4 TSI ACT Economy

Average in mine is about 46mpg, but you'll get over 50 driven carefully on free following roads. I got 54.2 a few weeks back on a 70mile trip from Hampshire to Bedford a couple of weeks back, and that was going quicker than most traffic, very impressive
  15. JackReacher

1.4 TSi 150PS ACT FR

Mine was registered in October 14 and is ACT. Will be obvious on a test drive when it goes into 2 cylinder mode which it does frequently. I paid 18k for mine with convenience and expensive panoramic roof. Think you can get for £16.5k new now through brokers with no options. Bargain for a...
  16. JackReacher

Any problems with TSI 150 ACT engine?

No issues with mine after 11k miles. It has used about 500ml of oil but that's well within acceptable usage, and far better than my Mk5 gti
  17. JackReacher

1.4 ACT or 150 TDI

I do 20k miles a year and choose the ACT over the 2.0tdi, not not regretted it for a second, lovely refined engine in comparison, and costs work out about the same even at that mileage.
  18. JackReacher

Leon ST FR vs Focus ST Estate vs Peugeot 308 SW GT (diesels)

"The seat really isn't fun at all to drive..." Interesting comment, I've had some pretty good cars and I find my FR is a really good drive for a normal hatch.
  19. JackReacher

1.4TSI ACT FR vs 1.8TSi FR

There can't be that much demand for the 1.8, the 1.4 ACT and Cupra make it largely irrelevant. The 1.4 has 90% of the performance but 20% better economy, and if you want more performance then the Cupra destroys it without a massive economy advantage. They make a good used buy but can't see...
  20. JackReacher

Roof bars on 5dr Leon

Thanks all, will take a look at the Atera range along with the Thule. I have heard about wind noise with the sunroof open, but don't intend to with bars on.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members