Search results

1. DannyJigg

Rear interior trim removal

Thanks for the reply - I tried using force but stopped when it was bouncing on the suspension, Will give it another try and post back if/when I get it off, with as many pictures as I can so others have an idea of the fight. Gloves would have been smart, but would have required thinking ahead :D
  2. DannyJigg

Rear interior trim removal

Hi all, Hopefully a quick one for you - my headlining has finally given up and sagged so I'm in the process of re-trimming it. I've managed to get the liner out (only lost skin on 2 fingers...) by removing the A & B pillar covers and thought that while I've got the interior in bits I may as...
  3. DannyJigg

Catch Can Installation [Correct Way]

Sorry for the resurrection of this thread. Have you got a link to the CBV you used? Would be nice to have one of those instead of replacing the pipe again in a couple of years. Thanks, Dan
  4. DannyJigg

EPC - We need a solution!

The first 2 are the O2 sensors complaining (probably due to decat) have you put a lambda spacer on the one after where the cat should be? Amusingly (after the pedal control comment) the third p2138 IS a throttle position sensor error, haven't come across that before but google shows a few...
  5. DannyJigg

Cambelt query

Update: I rotated the crank anti-clockwise as I realised it would be pulled further round if I left it as shown above. Removed the improvised tensioner tool and it's pretty close to being TDC and the cam is still spot on. Apart from a weak battery meaning I had to jump start it, it runs as good...
  6. DannyJigg

I'd suggest separate threads for each person's issue to avoid confusion. Could well be a dodgy sensor or loose connection. I'll keep an eye on this thread when I can to see if I can help.
  7. DannyJigg

EPC actually stands for "Electronic Power Control" and is generally used to indicate that the ECU (engine management system) has detected a problem. The best thing to do is either buy/borrow a code reader (about £20 last time I checked) and find out what the fault code is. Regarding what you...
  8. DannyJigg

Cambelt query

Hi all, I've been trying for about 2 hours to get the cambelt on and it doesn't seem to want to play ball - it either ends up slightly advanced or slightly retarded. I've taken a couple of pics of how I've left it for now but would appreciate some help with this. My assumption is that if I...
  9. DannyJigg

Engine removal

Thanks man!
  10. DannyJigg

Engine removal

Does anyone have the part numbers for the engine mount to engine block bolts on the cambelt side? Tried the local dealers parts depot but they didn't know which ones they were and just offered to send me a screenshot. Checked on vagcat and google but still don't know.
  11. DannyJigg

Engine removal

Have since been under it again and can see my question was irrelevant as cv joint IS the diff end. Need to hire a crane now and I'll be good to go.
  12. DannyJigg

Engine removal

Thanks everyone. I've already got the front off, so just need to release the box. Fingers crossed. Edit: what's the easiest way to get the driveshafts off? Do I go from the cv joint end at the wheel or can I get away with just unbolting from the diff flange?
  13. DannyJigg

Engine removal

Hi all. I need to swap my engine over as part of the block sheared. I've done most of the graft removing pipes/connectors and auxiliary bits like air con, alternator etc. just about ready to remove the block and I'm stuck. My question is; can I take the engine out while leaving the gearbox in...
  14. DannyJigg

what have you done to your car today ?

Towed it back from the garage and pushed it onto the drive. The hole for the drivers side rear engine mount bolt has apparently sheared some time ago which is why the mount finally failed last week. Apparently it's gonna be more work to fix it (parts and cost) than the car's worth. Currently...
  15. DannyJigg

Downpipe and decat only has one o2 sensor hole

As far as I understand it, first lambda controls mix, second is there to check efficiency of the cat. The weld on bung is the way to go as a local machine shop/welder/garage should be able to stick it on for a couple of quid. The 90' spacer just keeps second probe out of the flow a bit so the...
  16. DannyJigg

Race tube?

Not really any louder, just alters the sound to be more hollow. From what I remember (about a year since I took my middle box off) it slightly improved the spool time of the turbo. I can't back that up with dyno figures but the cost, it's well worth it
  17. DannyJigg

Engine light on

What's the actual code? If it's "incorrect flow" it is probably one of the vacuum lines under the panel near the inlet manifold. Hope this helps
  18. DannyJigg

DTC error codes. Really fed up :-(

Sorry to hear you're having problems. If it was just that it was running too lean then that could be fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter or pump. The MAF code is possibly a red herring. Idle control unit has me stumped. What were/are the actual error codes as that could shed some light on the...
  19. DannyJigg

Leon 85 hp

If you know the reg, use this https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
  20. DannyJigg

Race tube?

It does make a difference to the sound. Get a centre section from a 1.9tdi as it's basically the same thing but under half the price of 'race tubes' on eBay. The part I have is made by klarius, direct fit but will need a clamp at the front and a sleeve at the rear to fit to the backbox. Easy...