Search results

1. eoink

VCDS near the M1

Hi, I brought my beloved FR with me to Europe a few years ago and got the rear fog and reverse lights switched over with VCDS so I could register it over there. Now I'm returning to Ireland with the car to sell it , and need to get them switched back, but none of the Seat service people here...
  2. eoink

MK4 Leon

Exactly, haven driven a 308 for 3 years, they're becoming more alike
  3. eoink

VCDS - How To Guides

Hi, Car : 150 FR MY14 I have changed front and rear fogs to LEDs, but I'm now getting an error when I switch them on. I have looked in VCDS 16.8.4 for the Option to Disable Cold Diagnostics, but can't find it in Central Electrics https://goo.gl/photos/EzZmTsfNm8FLfB319 Any clues...
  4. eoink

BT/Hands Free Help

Try calling someone and getting them to record the call on their phone. Then do the same without BT. Definite proof for the dealer and for Seat.
  5. eoink

184 tdi mpg

FR 150 here. I'm getting 21km/litre, which works out at about 60 mpg. 2 x 50 mile trips each day on mix of back roads and motorway. > 500 miles per 45 litre tank full
  6. eoink

Installing Fan washers

Fitted mine yesterday, and the results are so much better than I had hoped for. Thank you OP.
  7. eoink

Tyre pressure monitoring system

I've had mine go off a few times when one side drives on water and not the other side. I always do a reset when I get to stop and see if it goes off again. If not, I'm happy that it was just that rotation speed difference. If it does, I have always found some source of air leak (nails...
  8. eoink

Android Auto - which phones ?

Sony Xperia C4 works. Doogee X5 Max Pro works.
  9. eoink

LED footwell light blown a fuse

What I did was to get a Red Felt tip pen and "paint" the clear plastic cover with it. Works a treat, and no changing bulbs.
  10. eoink

Auto-fold mirrors on lock and reversing

Not if you lock and hold in one press. No taking the finger off after locking.
  11. eoink

LED footwell light blown a fuse

Possible that you blew the LED's and not a fuse? Also check out the discussion on this page for changes you might need in VCDS: showthread.php?t=393714&page=30
  12. eoink

Odd engine stutter..?

Can anything be done to reduce these, or calibrate the engine via VCDS or a tuner box? Or are we stuck with the mismatch?
  13. eoink

Cracks on AC Temperature plastic surround

Hi, has anyone else had cracks appear on the plastic surround for the AC Temperature display? FR is less than a year old, and I'm seeing them on both sides, worse on the drivers side. It looks like something hit at the corner, but there are no marks on the console or chips out of the plastic...
  14. eoink

MP4 video playback on 5.8 Screen

Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to play MP4 videos directly off an SD card onto the 5.8 touch screen? Or has anyone tried? Is there a particular resolution that works, or not at all? I have tried a few 640x480 videos, and the music plays, track info shows, but no video. Thanks, E
  15. eoink

Diesel Engine Emissions Cheating

Then let me clarify: being good to the environment based on me currently driving > 100 miles per day, and therefore needing a diesel for economy. Yes, petrol is overall better for the environment, but extra cost of ~10% per litre of fuel. Working out at about ~400 more per year.
  16. eoink

Diesel Engine Emissions Cheating

Exactly. I bought mine for power matched to economy matched to being good to the environment. They lied about the last part of that. Any change to the other two means it even less the car I paid for. But I will be looking for some reason to allow them near my car.
  17. eoink

2.0tdi 140bhp Engine overboosting

Some useful info on your rights, even to a trade seller. tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/glos/con1item.cgi?file=*ADV0003-1011.txt
  18. eoink

New MK3 - Few Questions

Yes, they do look quite different. I never checked fully, I just went with dates when I started this post (2006-2012 for Mk2, 2013- for Mk3). But thank you.
  19. eoink

New MK3 - Few Questions

:(:(:( I suspected as much, to be honest, but I was ever hopeful!!! Still a great car, really pleased with it. :) There doesn't seem much point in moving this thread into the Mk2 Forum, as you've all answered my questions probably as much as possible. Thanks.
  20. eoink

New MK3 - Few Questions

Hi, thanks everybody for the replies. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Mk3. It's a 13 reg in Ireland, just a few months old. Specific model is the Leon Copa Plus. I'll leave the BT and GPS as they are, not much to be saved there. Maybe another read through the 2.2 manual will tell me...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members