Search results

1. Whiteline Front Caster Correction Bushing ??

The caster angle on our cars is small compared to the likes of the Leon, Golf etc. I reckon its probably the main reason our cars have rubbish steering feel and less cornering grip. So any extra caster can only be good. You can feel quite a difference in the steering just by pulling the front...
  2. Ibiza 6j and full ESP off

I'm still trying to find a solution that would use the ESP button to turn it off. I did try variations of the coding found on Golfs MY8.5-11 recently, plus the latest Mk7 Golf programming, but none of that seems to work. Probably the easiest way is to disconnect the steering angle sensor...
  3. Universal intercooler, the guide.

Hey Queen, how thick is that intercooler?
  4. Defeating ESP on a MK2 Leon Cupra R

It should be the same.
  5. Defeating ESP on a MK2 Leon Cupra R

This may be what you need: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87293
  6. Bulbs dilema

Osram Nightbreakers/Phillips Visionplus give a nice white light and are nice and bright. They don't last long though as the filament is thinner to allow them to be brighter on the legal wattage. Osram Off-road 65w bulbs are where its at. Not road legal but not far off... They are basically an...
  7. 2012 engine, new style engine?

Ah, you are lucky. Are you going to remap it? Lots of power!
  8. Adjusting Steering weight with VCDS Ibiza 6J

So did anyone like the '81' setting? I see the latest Polo GTI can be specified with a sports pack to increase the steering weight amongst other things. I wonder if that is just this 81 setting!
  9. Sodding Understeer / Winter Preps

I reckon 36 psi is far too high on even standard tyres on these cars. Try reducing the front pressure and increasing the rear.
  10. A Possible Comeback - Opinions Needed - Ibiza MK5

If you aren't paying for it, I'd get the Leon - bigger, better handling, arguably better looking...especially if you get the tech pack with LED lights all round (free at the moment on the 5 door I believe). If you have a look at the weight I think you'll find they weigh the same too, so...
  11. Tcs pre facelift

Here we go, some information here - online workshop manual. Its for a Polo but same difference. http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/polo-mk5/brake_systems/abs_adr_tcs_edl_esp/assembly_overview_hydraulic_unit_brake_servo/brake_master_cylinder/bosch_8.2_abs_right-hand_drive/ It looks like...
  12. Tcs pre facelift

I take it that it doesn't have ESP or anything either? This could be wrong, but there seems to be two versions of the Bosch 8.2 ABS system on the ibiza/fabia/polo, one that has ABS only and another that gives ABS, TCS, ESP and hillhold and XDS (electronic diff). Hillhold and XDS can be...
  13. 1.4 TSI ACT FR Edition just ordered

My 1.4 FR didn't come with an edition badge! But I did get a supercharger instead. :p It will do an average 45 mpg *if* you can take it easy so I would hope the ACT would do a lot better?
  14. Adjusting Steering weight with VCDS Ibiza 6J

Another resurrection after checking more settings and found one that isn't listed anywhere. Setting 81 (code 11281 on mine) seems to give the best steering imo. Quite heavy once over 30mph - almost feels like no assistance and you can 'feel' the front end grip or lack of a bit better. Also...
  15. Seat Ibiza Cupra TSI vs. New Fiesta ST

Haha, nice one. Not very sporting of the ST driver eh? The max power isn't just similar, the supercharger and turbo mean its got a very wide powerband and constant maximum torque. Coupled with the short ratios on the gearbox and instant shifts and you're at maximum acceleration more of the...
  16. Ibiza Tow Bracket JUST FOR Bike Rack

Thanks, picture doesn't seem to work though?
  17. SC Trophy

Was looking for some suspension info when I came across these, all an interesting read: SC Trophy technical manual Technical specifications Workshop manual Spare parts catalogue I'm sure some of the bits would fit on our cars! Seems you need to register as a race team in order to buy...
  18. Ibiza Tow Bracket JUST FOR Bike Rack

Cool, I'll be doing mine soon, DIY, so it'd be good to see what I'll have to do. :)
  19. Front subframe adjust - more caster!

Still feels good and yeah, I don't mind being brave, especially when it's free! ;) You can't fit the ALK to the Ibiza unfortunately - suspension is different to the Fabia, but there are still offset bushes for more caster.
  20. Ibiza Tow Bracket JUST FOR Bike Rack

That sounds good. Did the bumper need cut at all?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.