Search results

1. Smithy

PD 150 glow plugs....!!

Thanks for the info and that the plastic pull offs just pull off? I used quite a lot of pressure and didn't want to ruin anything with too much force. Will give it another go and maybe warm up the engine a little first, cheers!
  2. Smithy

PD 150 glow plugs....!!

Hi all, Need to do this myself, took a quick look last weekend and expected to stick a 10mm deep socket on top of it, but there's some kind of plastic lug around the glow plug. Didn't want to risk doing something stupid, so just looking for some answers before I have another bash. Does...
  3. Smithy

New Turbo - labour & intercooler clean?

150 TDI FR, turbo whistling / siren sound, so needs fixing. Currently getting quotes. First place, £972 for new turbo and £876 for recon'd turbo, cost includes fitting and everything. Second and preferred place has quoted 6 hours labour (@ £62 per hour) and £475 for the turbo. They...
  4. Smithy

Leon FR TDI - clutch and chipping experience

After chatting to the mechanic today, appears they replaced the whole lot, including flywheel using patent parts from ADL / Bluepoint. Hope that helps.
  5. Smithy

There may be other factors which have improved the clutch. Only the slave, pressure plate and disk were changed, so it's still the Techniclutch flywheel in there. Plus, if it's patent part replacements ...who knows!? Will check exactly what the garage did when I see them tomorrow, see if I...
  6. Smithy

Wanted to share my Mk1 Leon FR TDI experience so far with chipping and clutch problems, in case others find it of use while searching around. Originally bought the car with less than 70k on the clock, drove very nice as standard. Went to visit Revo shortly afterwards, and was prepared to fit...
  7. Smithy

Coolant Temp Sensor

the prongs inside the tank weren't to blame for mine, it was actually the 2 connector prongs on the outside (unclip it and look inside on the tank side). The low temps shrink the metal, and if it's got a little corrosion on it anyway, it's a very sensitive connection. A little scraping of that...
  8. Smithy

Clutch master/slave cylinder faulty?

Mine does this, but 9 out of 10 times, when I'm reversing up hill, and feather the biting point, starts to change like you say, fluid is shifting. Having the slave cyl replaced soon, think I received a dodgy one in the clutch kit. Has done it ever since I had the clutch replaced, but quite...
  9. Smithy

Replacement clutch tdi Cupra

Been running my Leon TDI FR with REVO for a year and a half. Replaced the clutch in October last year with a Sach kit from Techniclutch for about £500 with everything included. It appears that the slave cyl provided was faulty, and not sure whether that's contributed but the clutch is slipping...
  10. Smithy

fabia rear wiper

did mine this weekend too, only pain was getting the arm off. There is a knack to it though, best to get a screw driver and apply pressure between the spindal and the arm. If you can, relieve some of the pressure stopping it being removed by lifting the arm a little to counter the spring...
  11. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

Might run the good fuel for a while and see how it goes. On the other note, fluids changed today along with faulty temp sensor, much smoother but not completely cured the judder if I nail it from the torque spike range, but much less now. Fingers crossed that was the issue and no beeping to warn...
  12. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

Cheers for the reply ...I think my problem is the same actually. The more I've topped it up after every time it's beep'd (usually heavy cornering on a big roundabout once a month), the less trouble I've had. Even reversing on a gradient, or starting the car with my foot down on the clutch has...
  13. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

Ah, my other problem (suspected anyway), I doubt this was replaced and have symptoms as mentioned earlier that suggest this is screwed. The brake/clutch fluid keeps slowly running low once a month and needs a small splash. Wasn't sure if the slave cylinder could be related to this problem...
  14. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

Flywheel was included in the Sach kit and fitted. What's CSC? Sorry
  15. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

It was a SACH clutch kit, so not their own brand. I've heard bad things, but others who'd bought the same kit hadn't had an issue, so thought that's good enough for me. Only very slight judder, but gets more noticable the heavier the car is, and hardly anything at all when low fuel.
  16. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

Cheers. What I suspected really, will see if the Revo map can be fine tuned at all, although I know it's not fully customisable due to it's nature. If Revo can't be fine tuned, what options do I have with the flywheel itself? I assume it's all balanced correctly etc ...was replaced as part...
  17. Smithy

upgraded clutch issue.

Sounds similar to a prob I have. Had my TDI 150 FR remapped at the end of last year, and other than a tiny bit of slipping, there was a horrible judder on acceleration from 1500 - 3000 revs. Had the clutch changed and car serviced, and although its completely fixed any slipping, its only...
  18. Smithy

Recommended Clutches?

Cool, well I also ordered it from those guys. Only critisism, they sent it to the billing address and not the delivery address I wanted, but whatever. It feels like the clutch is lighter than before too, traffic absolutely perfect, and the biggest difference is how smooth the drive is. ALL...
  19. Smithy

Recommended Clutches?

So anyway ...what's the clutch like compared to standard. Sorry, but really interested in the difference before I buy. Clutch heavier, ok in traffic, less judder? :)
  20. Smithy

Recommended Clutches?

Gotta order a kit, looked at DriveTorque which is half the price of the ebay'd SACH link in this thread. With the SACH kit, is the pedal heavier than standard? How's the judder accelerating from low revs? Have you fitted your kit yet?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.