Search results

1. Noisy air con

I have a 2009 SC 1.4 with climate. Over the past few weeks the air con has become noticeably noisier and now sounds like a grinding noise. Anyone else had these issues at all? When I previously had a similar quieter noise the expansion valve was changed but this was more like a whine. It has got...
  2. Tyres for the SC

I had Bridgestone ER300s as original fitment on my SC SE which lasted 42k and were very noisy. If you can afford them Michelin are the best but I couldn't so went for Goodyear Efficient Grip and are great. Much quieter and I got them for £85 each fitted from Formula 1 locally using their price...
  3. Rear Lights

There is both on each light cluster but the lampholder backing plates are only wired for LHD or RHD. Cost cutting on VAG's part so to activate shouldn't be too difficult aside from the fact the 'wires' are the usual pressed metal.
  4. Rear Lights

Has anyone rewired, or adjusted the lampholders, so that both foglights and reversing lights come on? It seems that everything is there but due to VAG penny pinching they don't 'wire' them in. I have had a look at the holders and it seems they have just missed off one of the metal wires so it...
  5. Ibiza Emergency Brake Light Flashing

You'll have to keep your foot on the brake pedal to make it work. It takes more pressure than you think - I do these types of tests at work (for various reasons) and the car has to "think" you are doing an emergency stop. It will either then activate the hazard lights or cause the brake lamps to...
  6. What are the best tyres?

Depends what size wheels you've got! I've got the optional SE 16" wheels and had the OE Bridgestones on for 42K (at the front) before I had to change them as they were down to just over 2mm. Yes really! Changed them for Goodyear Excellences which are far quieter and grip much better in the wet...
  7. Broken spring

As the title says, one of my front coil springs broke last night. Just wondering if anyone else has suffered this at all? I've got an 09 SC 1.4 with 43k on the clock. I'm guessing that this is unusual!
  8. Tinting lights (fly eye)

Unfortunately what you have done is illegal! You cannot tint the lights (front or rear) as they then become non EU type approved. Only way is to get some that have been through the EU type approval process, which I suspect would be difficult.
  9. Tyres

Well I've got Goodyears all round now. Soooo much quieter and the ride is a bit better too! Quite why manufacturers fit noisy tyres is beyond me (apart from the fact they buy them dirt cheap). With the EU labelling now it is obvious which are noisy - the Goodyears are 67db and the Bridgestones...
  10. Tyres

That was the sort of price I was quoted to begin with. I got them from my local F1 Auto Centre. They will always beat any price you get...
  11. iPod Cable with Combined USB Aux Option

I have got the BMW cable for mine, it works apart from if you use the steering wheel controls to scroll through tracks, it will display the track name etc of the one playing but when it automatically goes to the next track, the previous track name is still displayed. Once that track has played...
  12. Tyres

I've just had 2 Goodyear Excellence fitted for £170 from F1 Autocentres. Took some ringing around but worth it. They like to beat any price you get....
  13. Tyres

Right after 40k I have replaced the fronts with.... Goodyear Excellence tyres in 215/45 R16 86 H. Managed to get them for £85 each fitted and as they are on the back, I can't tell much yet. I think the noise has gone down though. Once I get the fronts changed it should be better.
  14. Tyres

Munchkin, are the Dunlops noticeably quieter? I have still got the Bridgestones on at 39k and now down to 2mm on the front, the rears are between 4 & 5mm!
  15. Rear brake light

You won't be pleased to find out that you have to replace the whole unit as each "bulb" is an LED! I've got an intermittent one and my dealer quoted about £30 for the part and they have to order it. I think it is easy to replace though.
  16. Tyres

Thanks for your reply. Yes the ride is hard on the current tyres so a softer one would be very welcome! Presumably your speedo was correct with 205's?
  17. Tyres

I am due to replace my tyres on my 2009 SE SC with the optional 16" wheels, Bridgestone ER300 215/45 R16's, and am finding them noisy (they've done 34k so far and are at just under 4mm). Anyone replaced theirs with a different make. I'm thinking of maybe Goodyears or Michelins if I can get the...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.