Search results

1. Bubbs

LED Headlight - drive side not moving during levelling, and pointing too low

Yeah that’s right, the beam would look like it was gonna come up, but kind of gets stuck. I think clearly something was failing on mine, perhaps yours is where they ultimately end up, i.e. stuck down so no matter what the temperature, it’s stuck. The only reset I used was to turn the car (full...
  2. Bubbs

LED Headlight - drive side not moving during levelling, and pointing too low

My 2013 Leon used to drop the driver side headlamp (right side) upon startup in cold temps (anything below about 6’c). I never did get to the bottom of it. I am sure you’d have noticed, but just in case, here’s what the cold temp light fault looks like: Oddly, on LHD cars, it’s the left hand...
  3. Bubbs

What’s wrong with my Leon

Maybe put it on YouTube and link to it here ?
  4. Bubbs

Bright green fluid leaking help

Yeah I think an aircon leak check may be in order. Garages use a UV torch to identify source of leak, the reason the stuff is green is cos under UV light it REALLY shines.
  5. Bubbs

Bright green fluid leaking help

If it’s bright green Like this? then it may be air conditioning refrigerant. Power steering fluid is normally pinkish red.
  6. Bubbs

Leon FR Rear spoiler

Yep :) looks right to me.(y) If the side bits went right up to the edge of the top of the boot, then when you open the boot the spoiler would catch on the roof. p.s. cleaning tip =exterior detailing brush + plenty of bubbles is good for cleaning the underside (along the top inside where window...
  7. Bubbs

Insurance Repair Advice

:banghead2:banghead2:banghead2 Yeah hopefully it gets put back to how it should be (that is, actually fixed properly!). Car being on PCP might actually help your case too, if you get no joy. The reason is, on finance deals like HP or PCP, it’s VWFS (or the bank) who basically own the car until...
  8. Bubbs

Crawley Servicing Reccomendations

Be interested to see what your make of Euro Seat's aftersales dept. I gave the previous lot, Crawley Down Garage a go with my last mk3.... They confirmed a booking, then when I called to check on something the day before, claimed to not know who I was and were not interested at all in helping...
  9. Bubbs

Jacking up and putting on axle stands

I got one of those Luke. I don’t put pads on it either, just slide it under the sill jacking points and make sure that the little cut outs are lined up so that the jacking point lip goes between them. Not gone as far as to then add axle stands though, cos fro me it’s only up off the ground for...
  10. Bubbs

Insurance Repair Advice

Holy :scary:. That looks like one of my attempts at putting silicone sealant round a bathtub. :-o I would be having words with the lease company too, as well as the insurers - that needs to be taken all apart, and re done properly. Reminds me of a body shop I used once for my Honda Civic, who...
  11. Bubbs

First time seat buyer advice**

I went from owning 4 diesels over the space of 10 years to a 1.4 manual mk3 fr in 2013. (See signature below). That 1.4tsi felt every bit as quick as my Mazda did. Didn’t even notice the lower torque cos you get to spend longer in each gear in the petrol. Economy was almost the same too. Now...
  12. Bubbs

Dashcam or Not

The A119 'Wedge' shape cam is a great little thing. Had one in my original mk3. Sticks straight o windscreen, and can be mounted in such a way as to be VERY discreet. I would have got another one for my mk3 facelift, but cos I now have the high beam assist lane assist camera, the mirror...
  13. Bubbs

Write Off Criteria

Been away from here a while... come back, and... OH :censored: ! After ALL that waiting too! Well Luke, that clearly sucks in a big way. In my experience, normally you’d be claiming off your insurers and paying your excess. Your insurers then claim all that back from the third party and...
  14. Bubbs

MK3 Led Headlights vs Mk3 facelift LED Headlights

:blink: Mine doesn't. But maybe it's cos of my high-beam-assist thingy :confused:
  15. Bubbs

Car symptoms, looking for problem/solution.

If that were worn engine mounts vibrating at idle then I'd think the block would be almost hanging off. By 'jolt'... sensation of deceleration? Misfire?
  16. Bubbs

bridgestones are awfull

Yup. Bridgestones on my last Leon were pants after 6000 miles. Not as bad as the Toyos that were on my Mazda 3 though... pretty sure you shouldn't get lift off oversteer whilst trundling around a corner at 40mph :O
  17. Bubbs

MK3 Led Headlights vs Mk3 facelift LED Headlights

Facelift leds are noticeably better at general throw and kerbside illumination I think. The original leds were very much like white halogens really. Way better than the std halogens you get on, say, a Golf, but not as good as the HIDs I had in my Mazda. The cool thing about them though was that...
  18. Bubbs

Noises Mk3 2017 Interior

Mine does this too. Changes with temperature. I haven't worked out where it's coming from exactly, but give all the trims a good bash to make sure they're seated correctly. Facelifts much better than the original though, I must say. Even mine..after all the trims got pulled off and refitted...
  19. Bubbs

heated washer jet wiring.

There isn't a manual 'heat my washers' switch. Pretty sure they are auto, when temps are at 4'c and below. TBH, bit of a waste of time really, as it's just the nozzle bit that is heated, so if you've got a frozen tank/pipe then you may as well just stick your head out the window and shout at...
  20. Bubbs

Optional extra recommendations for first time Cupra owner

Side skirts. Not blades. Skirts. Visually they add a great deal to the car, just finish it off nicely :)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.