Search results

1. Front Parking Sensors and Optical Display

Hi Chris, As I recently discovered, the front parking sensors were removed from the FR spec back in Q1 - you only get them now if you add the Camera Pack at £375. Since my previous post I have managed to get the Camera Pack free of charge due to having been incorrectly told that the FR came...
  2. Sneaky SEAT spacesaver scam

My OCD just doesn't like the discrepancy ;)
  3. Sneaky SEAT spacesaver scam

They have not stated the size other than 17" - I looked at my existing 18" spacesaver earlier but can't remember the measurements (180 I think but can't recall the other figure). Ideally I'm looking for the 'hole' on the MY16 build to be sufficient to fit my existing 18" spacesaver.
  4. End of 0% PCP on Leons

I did a deal on 30th June including the 0% PCP - I was going back down to sign the paperwork and the dealer told me that I could do it the following day (1st July) if I wanted as they were quite busy on the 30th. They assured me the offer would still stand, which it did the next day. I then...
  5. Sneaky SEAT spacesaver scam

OK, so maybe "scam" is a little strong but it sounded better given that the preceding three words all began with 's' ;) First the front parking sensor fiasco (they removed them from the FR spec in March and seemingly didn't bother telling anyone). Now I now discover that even if you pay for the...
  6. Front Parking Sensors and Optical Display

Hi Paul, No, I didn't get any reduction on the price of the Camera Pack - I had already got them down as much as they were prepared to go on the existing spec so didn't even bother trying with the Camera Pack. I had noticed the issue within 36hrs of ordering and they had not even got the order...
  7. Front Parking Sensors and Optical Display

My current 36 mth PCP is coming to an end, so I went down to my local dealer to discuss a new car - I asked about the parking sensors as the brochure he handed me only mentioned the rear sensors. He then showed me in a different section of the brochure that the FR comes with front & rear...
  8. Battery

68Ah doesn't seem any higher to me - TSI owners appear to have 69/70Ah based on the replies so far. But it's interesting that you've got the AGM in your diesel - all of the previous EFB replies have been from petrol owners.
  9. Battery

Thanks. I'm not sure it explains though why in the owners manual it says the battery will either be AGM or EFB (note: it mentions AGM first) and the fact that if you type your registration into any of the Battery Finders online, they all say the car needs an AGM type battery due to the...
  10. Battery

Interesting. Does it say Exide Spain on top? According to the various websites I've visited, they all say that AGM batteries are required because my car has Regenerative Braking (Energy Recovery System). Your 1.2 has the same technology as far as I'm aware. AGM batteries are obviously a bit...
  11. Battery

I knew my one did, but I wasn't sure about ALL Leon's, however the Technical Data Sheet confirms that all the SC's do at least. It's referred to as Energy Recovery System on the data sheet. http://www.firstforseatcars.com/downloads/brochure/seat-leon-sc-technical-data.pdf
  12. Battery

The manual says the new Leon has either an AGM or EFB (these seem to be also called ECM) battery fitted - does anyone know which one is fitted in the Leon 1.4TSI FR? I had a look the other day under the cloth cover and all I could see was Exide Spain. Looking at the Exide website it seems their...
  13. Wipers

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know that changing the wipers can't change the mechanics of the wipers, but given the rain sensor device had to be removed/refitted and the fact that I felt sure one press gave a single quick wipe, I just wanted to double-check with other people how the single...
  14. Wipers

Through my insurance - there was a £65 excess (reduced to £25 if it was repairable, which is clearly wasn't going to be given the 4-5" crack). Auto Windscreens did the repair and they picked up the glass direct from Pilkington on the day of the job. It's exactly the same windscreen that was...
  15. Wipers

I had to have my windscreen replaced yesterday thanks to the state of the UK's roads. To do the job, obviously the wipers needed to be removed. Now, I'm not sure whether I've got this wrong but I was sure that when you pulled down on the wiper lever it did one quick swipe. After driving the...
  16. Which mode do you use your FR in?

When I picked it up from the dealer it was set to Sports mode (I'm assuming it's the factory default?). I left it on Sports for the first month and didn't even try the other modes. I've not tried Eco but I tried Normal mode - I kinda prefer the steering in Normal mode but didn't like the...
  17. DAB Radio channel icons

Thanks diesel & terry
  18. DAB radio & heated rear window

I use the DAB all the time and have never experienced a loss of signal when using the heated rear windscreen. Does anyone know where the aerial is? I've always assumed it's built into the rear spoiler?
  19. DAB Radio channel icons

Can you put the logos on a USB stick for uploading?
  20. New car!

Looking good madduffy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.