Search results

1. Possible Headlift on Standard PD130? Help!

Standard mapped & turbo PD130 Turbo back exhaust. 122k miles FSH Full coolant change done approx 2 years ago. Header tank swapped at same time also (so nice and clean) Approx 2 weeks ago noticed i was starting to lose coolant. Can hear hissing from around header tank area and noticed the...
  2. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Rust is starting to creep in on this and the lacquer is starting to fail in places as well. The cost for me to fix that and fit all the mods to get it how i want it would be a fair bit and the Fabia i've found is a much better deal for me money wise. It already has all the mods done to it, i'd...
  3. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

No funky colours i'm afraid. Too old for that now :happy: This will be up for sale at some point soon as i leave the SEAT scene and enter the Skoda one instead and replace this with a Fabia VRS
  4. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

I was looking for your project thread and it wasn't showing anymore, then i seen your stuff for sale in the for sale section. Sad times. I seen your Rainsports you had for sale as well but i needed 17's for these VRS Spiders. I live in Scotland as well so would have been a bit of a distance to...
  5. Intermittent Glow Plug Problems & EML

Thanks. Will give TPS a ring when on my day off tomorrow. Do you know if you need to cut anything for this, or if it's connected via a plug? Done a lot of searching on Google but seems to vary depending on what engine and car it's in.
  6. Intermittent Glow Plug Problems & EML

Do you know how people usually go about getting the harness replaced if that's the case?
  7. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Got some new Pagid discs and pads for the front as well as current ones are warped to death. 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 3 to be fitted soon as well as the Proxies are well worn Fitted some number plate surrounds and facelift rear lights, but might but the FR ones back in.
  8. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Didn't realise how long had passed with me not updating this thread. Not loads happening but few more developments. TCS light was coming on after 10 minutes so fixed the alternator load cable via the guide on here. Sorted! Been having a weird issue with the glow plugs as well. EML has...
  9. Intermittent Glow Plug Problems & EML

This is a bit of a strange one, so bear with me. For the last year or so, my EML has been on in my car. It always referred to Glow Plug 3. Just ignored it all this time as car had started fine. Decided to sort it the other week so done a resistance test on all 4 glow plugs and sure enough...
  10. Trouble with 3rd Gear after going through a flood

Sounds like the gearbox oil has been contaminated with water getting into it. If a synchromesh hub us slightly worn, then having oil mixed in with water will make it much worse - hence the crunch. I'd drain the oil and replace.
  11. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Been looking back though this thread and not sure why some of the image links have broken, oh well. Not much been happening since the front brakes were sorted. Went to bleed all 4 again and when loosening the bleed nipples from the rear calipers, the threads stripped on one So ended up...
  12. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

TT brakes now on and working great
  13. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Old discs and pads off. Totally fubar Fitting the TT brakes tomorrow so should be a world of difference. Got these as well. Don't imagine they'll be on long before they go missing
  14. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Not a perfect finish by any means, but much better than they were
  15. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

So after hearing some grinding noises from my front wheel i decided to investigate and found this Decided to get those TT calipers i have waiting to go on a good clean up Before and after with the brass wheel Some anti rust treatment Leaving them to dry and the...
  16. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Last parts arrived so going to get it booked in for the below work asap. Fit new bottom ball joints (Febi Bilstein) Fit new track rod ends (Febi Bilstein) Fit new strut top mounts & bearings (OEM) Fit new dampers all round (Bilstein B4) Fit new drop links (OEM) Fit Eibach Pro lowering...
  17. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Booked back into Simon's Custom Exhausts later this month for more exhaust work. Getting another pipe made up so i have the option of using the baffled straight through backbox, or just a straight unbaffled pipe instead (running backbox just now) Lacquer on door seems to be getting so thin...
  18. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Cheers mate. Were you on the dyno as well? I left a bit earlier as was shattered. I got a picture of lots of the cars there and i'm sure i got at least one of yours. Will upload the pics to the thread arranging the event when i get a chance.
  19. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Was at a Show n' Shine / Dyno charity event today and managed to get it on the rollers. 2.5" turbo back exhaust, Cupra cold air feed pipe and it made a healthy 144bhp / 240lb of torque. 107k miles as well Seat Ibiza FR TDi Dyno Run
  20. 2006 Ibiza FR TDi - Project Smke

Thanks mate. Colour is down as Titanium according to the place that powdercoated them but it's Anthracite to me. Colour changes slightly in certain lights like real Anthracite does.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise