Search results

1. Wheel bearing housing

the threads on this part of my car "1K0505435N" are shot and am looking to replace it. this part is stupid expensive and you have the option of this version also "1K0505435AB" The old version is for 32mm bearing and new version take 30mm bearing. can i swap both sides out for the new version...
  2. Headlight Woes

That is the correct part number. Do you have a bit of a gap or is it a tight fit. You have some adjustment on the bolts. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  3. Wiper motor reset after changing

Yer that's the one but for me it was at the stop at the back. It's front of you have it set in service position. It's back if in standard position. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  4. Wiper motor reset after changing

It's on the actual bracket that bolts to the motor. Stupid place for it. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  5. Wiper motor reset after changing

Take the nut off that connects the linkage to the motor then plug the motor back into the car and run the wipers once. That will set the motor back up for home position then reattach the linkage making sure its set to home position with the arrow marker then reinstall the motor. Then put the...
  6. Coolant

I got mine on ebay. Grey bottle with vw badge on it. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  7. Coolant

I use g13 coolant. Same stuff seat dealers will sell you. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  8. What window wipers is everyone using?

I got the bosch wipers on my mk2 and they fit just fine. 6 month old and still clear the window with no noise. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  9. Tyres

225/40/18 is standard tyre size for that wheel. That's what I have and its what seat recommend. Don't use that garage again as they clearly retarded. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  10. What’s my car worth

It's worth what someone will pay for it. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  11. Paint code

Lc9z diamond black Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  12. Tyre pressure seems high

Tyre pressure will always be the same even if you go from 16 to 18 inch tyres. Online tells me it's higher than what the sticker on the car tells me. I went from 16s at 34 front 32 back to 18s at 34 front 32 back all cold pressure. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  13. LED Headlight How-To - CANbus Error Free

I came to the same conclusion Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  14. Aftermarket hid kit, lights flickering

Also be careful as some resistors get stupid warm. And can cause damage. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  15. Aftermarket hid kit, lights flickering

Yes it will but it will also blind everyone and get you a £100 fine. I have tried hids and leds and have gone back to a good brand bulb. Don't chase what you can't have with your current light setup. Oh and still won't stop the flicker as that is part of the bulb test these cars do Sent from...
  16. Loud bang and maybe white smoke from exhaust

i bought as new pipe as the lugs where buggered
  17. Loud bang and maybe white smoke from exhaust

i had this and was intercooler pipe driverside down very bottom..Its hard to see
  18. LED Headlight How-To - CANbus Error Free

A good led will give as good as a standard bulb. Don't go buying a led expecting it to give the same light pattern as a proper led lamp or hid lamp. It's just not going to happen ever. Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
  19. LED Headlight How-To - CANbus Error Free

You can't get rid of the flicker as our cars send a small amount off current to the bulbs to test they ok. And an led only needs a small amount of current to light up. A resistor will not stop that from happening. All the resistor does is change the resistance of the signal being sent back...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.