Search results

1. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

I had enough. traded my Leon in for an Audi A4, rattle free motoring for me now. Such a shame as the dealers were really good with me. Shame SEAT still have interior quality issues, a great car otherwise. Thanks everyone for all the advise over the year I had the car. Good luck to you all and I...
  2. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

Unusual...all my ibiza courtesy cars have been rattle free. The spongy brakes and lack of power however.....
  3. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

I might get the dealer to remove the door cards and the A pillar trim. I can then drive around for a couple of days with the trim off to locate the cause. Would be my luck that its the trim itself lol. Has anyone done the fix on the air vent? I dont know if people are going on about the vent...
  4. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

It's the end of the door or A pillar or the air vent. They think it's the air vent (or at least in that area). I honestly can't tell because I can't get it to stop by pressing or pulling on stuff. When it was in last they took A pillar trim off and test drove it. Dismissed the A pillar and then...
  5. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

I ve had all the TPI's done and put the car back to Seat Fife yesterday for I think the 4th time now for this issue. In fairness they were great and road tested with me, identified the rattle and then took my car in for repair. End of day I get a call to pick it up again and went on a test...
  6. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

There is a TPI (or whatever its called) for this now. Just got my car back last week and apparently they removed the cards and "felted" in select areas. MIne is better but there is still a slight rattle/vibration on my door card so it will go back, but it is definetly better. Im at work so dont...
  7. 14 plate fr door rattle

There is a TPI for this now. I got my car back last week. Aparently they removed the cards and "felted" in key areas. I dont have the numbers at the minute because im at work.
  8. Super unleaded

I have the 1.2 and use vpower from new. On the odd occasion the garage I go to doesnt have it and I have to use regular. I can really tell the difference, not as smooth through the range and a tad less responsive. A tank of regular doesnt last as long either, but im not sure if thats because I...
  9. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

Hi Mate, Can you tel me the name of the dealers please? My car is going into fife seat on the 30th and they arent aware of new or modified clips. Damn cards never rattle when they have the car and I'm not sure they actually believe me. Thanks, B0nk3r5
  10. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

I feel for you. I will put mine in to get looked at again when its time for a service but tying to hold off in hope for a TPI or whatever they are called. My drivers side door card is getting worse.
  11. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

What door seal issues do you have?
  12. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

In fairness my dash rattle was fixed and never returned, it just seems to be the door ones they have trouble with (in my experience). I have to keep my car for 4+ years as well so I hope it gets fixed soon. I really dont think though that I could have got a better new car for the money as the...
  13. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

When I first got the car is was quiet as a mouse. I guess some stuff has loosened up a bit. I had a rattly dash/speedo but the dealers fixed it quite quick. The problem is fixiable as it doesnt come out the factory this way. We just need someone to pinpoint the root cause so that dealers can...
  14. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

I Have this rattling/vibration on the door as well. Has anyone had it cured by the dealers yet? I also had a rattle behind the drivers side air vent that the dealer fixed, but I fear its coming back and the door vibration is driving me nuts.
  15. Wipers

Im a Scot as well mate and my wipers are well used :)
  16. Wipers

Mines does it but I noticed it doesnt do it all the time..not sure why.
  17. Seat Bolsters

I was under the impression that the f2 Lotus at that time did not have seatbelts. I could be wrong though. Jochen Rindt slid under his seatbelt in formula 1 2 years later because he did not use the 5 point properly (only used 4 in order to get out of the car quickly in the event of a fire)...
  18. Seat Bolsters

Providing they dont restrict the seatbelts or the airbags I cant see any difference to having extra padding supplied by the cushion or extra padding supplied by me putting on more weight. There is obviously a range of tolerances. Padding is padding so to speak. Other alterative is to change...
  19. Seat Bolsters

Ordered cushions for the car. I'm guessing if they where dangerous in anyway they would be outlawed. B0nk3r5
  20. Seat Bolsters

Thats a good idea. I am ok when I drive cars with no bolsters so i'm fairly sure thats to blame. Might have sensitive nerves on my leg as well. Will have a look for a suitable cushion though. Cheers,
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.