Search results

1. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Thanks both. They got back to me and said the cars been built and it's at the factory waiting to be shipped. As I'm a key worker, if the car doesnt arrive by mid May like I was told, they'll sort me out with a hire car until it arrives!
  2. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Chaps, Had a Cupra 290 lease on order back in mid Jan, with an expected delivery date of mid-May. Now obviously this won't be the case any more as there's supply chain issues plus the factory is shut. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat - with their car waiting to be built? I'm...
  3. What tyres did your Leon come with?

My Cupra 300 came with Conti Sport 5s, the worst tyre I've had for wear rate. Fronts are down to 4mm after 9k miles, 80% of which was motorway
  4. How far over service interval can I go?

My service is due is 200 miles, I'm booked in for a service on Friday. But have a 600 mile trip to make tomorrow which means I'll be 400 miles overdue. Will this affect the warranty, or is there any leeway?
  5. Cupra exhaust popping and banging

Anyone else's manual Cupra do this? When in Cupra mode it farts on every gearchange (like a DSG does, but only when giving it beans), and pops/crackles on the overrun Exhaust seems much louder now as well? Couldn't hear a thing when I first picked it up, but now, 4k miles later, it's actually...
  6. Whats the cupra like to live with?

I've had my Cupra 300 for 3.5 weeks and covered 1.6k miles already. They are brilliant cars to live with. Much quicker than my old Cupra R 225, and 350z. I had an 2016 A4 on 17" alloys last year, and in comfort mode the Cupra is almost as quiet and refined as that was. Apart from when you hit a...
  7. Cupra running costs

If it's on longlife then service will be due every 20k miles or 2 years. Looking at £180-250 for the first oil service. Maintenance depends on how you drive it and what journeys you do. My old A4 did 35k motorway miles and still had 4mm on the fronts. My Leon 225 used to get around 8k miles...
  8. MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Mine arrived in the UK mid Feb as well, and it arrived at IMG today. Just had a call from them and the earliest I can pick up is Friday. Planning on going this weekend, can't wait!
  9. Insurance

Got a disputed accident on my record due to a :censored: taxi driver deliberately driving into me at 1mph then claiming whiplash and buying a fake witness. Would have been £1400 otherwise
  10. Insurance

£2087 [:@]
  11. Used turbo back exhaust - what's it worth?

It cost me £850 in total
  12. Used turbo back exhaust - what's it worth?

Have the following which I'm taking off my car before selling: Cobra 2.5" downpipe 200 cell sports cat Cobra 2.5" Resonated Cat back Basically a Cobra 2.5" turbo back exhaust with resonated catback and sports cat, for the Leon Cupra R What is it worth, roughly? Edit: Had it for 18 months
  13. Mk1 LCR to Mk2 Leon Cupra/R

Hi All, I've had my mk1 LCR for 2.5 years. Although it's still going strong, it's getting on a bit now at 124k miles so I'm looking at replacementss. One of the things I love about it is the peaky boost, kind of like an old school Jap nutter hatch :D Naturally I'm drawn to the mk2 Cupra/R...
  14. What tyres do you guys run?

I've only had them on for about 300 motorway miles, had them fitted on Saturday. Initial thoughts, they are noiser than the Vreds at high speeds. Can't fault them other than that. I launched it properly on a wet road last night and the tyres didn't spin up at all, the Vreds would have scrabbled...
  15. how many miles has everybody done??

03 LCR - 124k. Still on original everything.
  16. What tyres do you guys run?

I usually buy Vredestein Ultrac Sessentas, but have bought a pair of Uniroyal Rainsport 3s this time, they were only a 5er extra per wheel, £63 each from Oponeo
  17. what have you done to your car today ?

In the meantime you can impress everyone by telling them you've had a Subaru boxer transplant, don't put your foot down if asked though because "it's dangerous"
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Drove it 270 miles cross country through thick fog. Stayed at 60mph and got a true 40 mpg. I love this car :D
  19. Will a Leon drivers door fit into the back of a Leon?

I need a new drivers door for my car. Has anyone done it before? Will it fit?
  20. Where to put £700?

I would do the following: Cambelt Forge DV Jetex cone filter Badger5 TIP Boost gauge and pod Torque app and OBD2 reader Osram Nightbreakers ready for winter