Search results

1. Gingerbread Man

what have you done to your car today ?

Will be putting it up for sale. Got newer car. Is there a specific for sale section for this site? I would like to advertise here Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  2. Gingerbread Man

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Would you believe it, I am about to try and tackle this issue. Been drying out the carpets all morning with a wet VAC. A shower comes, stop what I'm doing, pack up, put car in garage, go inside. Break in the weather so come back out, get the wet VAC going again, go inside for a dump and its...
  3. Gingerbread Man

Car running pretty badlt

Just saw this post. I am working all Saturday afternoon and evening in bloody Dursley and all day Sunday (will be coming off 11 day stretch!). I'll check my PMs now. Any sort of code reader I'd be happy with don't mind if its not a proper vagcom just so long as it gives some information. Might...
  4. Gingerbread Man

Car running pretty badlt

Hit me up via email to see if we can arrange a meet at some point next week :) Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  5. Gingerbread Man

Car running pretty badlt

Might look into it, unless someone local to me is willing to meet up. Thanks guys for your answers so far, I do appreciate it. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. Gingerbread Man

Car running pretty badlt

Yeah your right. Trouble is I don't have a laptop to run it off. I live in Gloucester. If anyone lives in Gloucester and wouldn't mind running some scans I might be able to chuck a tenner your way for the troubles. I should be available most of next week. Contact me via pm or email...
  7. Gingerbread Man

Car running pretty badlt

Got a few things going on, Seat Leon 1M Cupra 1 can take a few times to get started on cold engine. Revs will go from 0 - 500 with the rev counter needle bouncing around. Mostly stalls after 5 seconds of this. Can take a few times of this going on to get it to start. With a little gas it will...
  8. Gingerbread Man

Really need to do my door seals and dry the interior but I'm more worried an oil leak. Back right side of my engine looks like its got oil or some black crap on it. My mechanic reckons its some thing to do with an oil seal in the head gasket which to fix he says I need a new head gasket, about...
  9. Gingerbread Man

It depends on what you want to do really and quite a lot of the manufactoers add custom skins on top of the native operating system. Phones can be 'tuned' in terms of software stuff, if your the kind of guy who wants to buy a phone and just use it and be happy with it then something like...
  10. Gingerbread Man

I know way more about android phones than cars lol Personally I'd recommend nexus 5, have one myself and its awesome! Pm sent. Thanks for suggestions guys. In the future I might well have to get a cheap laptop just for bag comming. Will see how money is after Xmas ☺ Sent from my Nexus 7...
  11. Gingerbread Man

I wish, don't have a lap top for vac com Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  12. Gingerbread Man

Two days ago this light came on. Emissions apartently from a search. I thought it could be MAF perhaps as people always talking about those. Within the last 1k miles its had service, new oil and filter, 4 plugs, cam kit and rocker cover gasket. I'm not really sure what could be going on here and...
  13. Gingerbread Man

Is that one of those things that meant to absorb water and prevent condensation? Is it worth the £? With all the water in mine completely fogged windscreen and back windscreen is getting more and more regular with the weather turning. Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Gingerbread Man

Cam belt, water pump, 4 new plugs, rocker cover gasket and wallet significantly lighter! Next up is getting hazard light flasher thing replaced and then start trying to do something about the water in passenger foot well front and rear. I think its door seal and pollen filter, I didn't long ago...
  15. Gingerbread Man

Switching to super unleaded

Your a braver man than me lol I was crapping my pants in 6th at 30 1k revs barely touching gas if I could help it lol I'm gonna try something of an eco run this time, well sensible is a better word hahahaha ;) Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  16. Gingerbread Man

I'm tracking via Google drive Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  17. Gingerbread Man

OK got through my 1st tank of momentum today, filled up on the 7/10 and it lasted till today got 297.7 miles. Cost me £73 to fill up this time. I wish shitting bricks thinking I would run out on the way there as last night com I home from Stroud on the motorway the fuel light came on and the...
  18. Gingerbread Man

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Thanks Lee very helpful as always Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  19. Gingerbread Man

Any way a mod can get the images in the OP working again please? Would be very helpful Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  20. Gingerbread Man

What are they even meant to do? Iv seen a few cars around with them, seems to be a euro look thing Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members