Search results

1. The Dreaded Dipping Passenger Mirror.

No, afraid not :( That's the first thing I checked. EDIT: Just been out fiddling and I did a factory reset of the nav system. I then set the dipping mirror back up and it looks like it's working again :)
  2. The Dreaded Dipping Passenger Mirror.

Hi all. Had the dipping function working on my FR 150 TDI for just over a year, in the past week or so it's stopped working :( I checked the settings and the option is still checked. I'm sure I read a thread on how to sort it, but I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it again...
  3. Leon FR steel wheels and winter tyres

I use 205/55/16 Nokians on cheap steels on my FR 150tdi.
  4. Front Parking Sensor Dislodged

One of my front sensors has taken a rather large hit from a stone and has been pushed back into the bumper. I can get my fingers behind to pull it forward into the correct position but regularly slides back. Doesn't sound like there's an easy fix :(
  5. Power dip in 184 TDI

I too have engine hesitation over the crest of a hill. I wondered if there was an accelerometer somewhere which the traction control is pegged into.
  6. New Ateca

I really like it. I'm a little disappointed regarding engines at the moment, was hoping it would get the 2.0 biTDI out of the new Passat. Who knows though, hopefully that will come in the future :D
  7. Low coolant!?

I'm another one who has recently had a coolant warning. 64 plate 2.0tdi FR 150. I topped it up with G13 and will see what happens.
  8. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Infact scratch that, I've figured it out :)
  9. VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Has anyone managed to turn ESC off with Vagcom? I don't quite understand how to implement the changes posted earlier in the thread. Something like this. Thanks in advance :)
  10. Are winter tyres needed in the uk

As a few people have touched on, winter tyres aren't just meant for snow and ice. The difference between winter and summer tyres in cold wet conditions like we have for most of our winter, is almost like day and night to me. If I can afford them I will be buying them for all my future cars.
  11. Winter Wheels and Tyres.

If anyone is interested, I ended up getting 16x6.5J ET46 with 205/55/16 tyres. Gone for Nokian WRD4 on the front and WRD3 for out back.
  12. Winter tyres on the Cupra

I had the WRD3 tyres on my old Ibiza and they were outstanding so I would hope the WRD4s will be even better. They are what I'm looking at putting on my Leon.
  13. VW TDi Emissions software scandal

2014 Leon FR 2.0tdi 150 with CKFC engine, not affected.
  14. Winter Wheels and Tyres.

That's great, I'm bad at avoiding kerbs at the best of times so added sidewall is a real positive for me. Have you ended up with steel wheels or alloys? I think I have decided on 205/55/16 on 6J ET48 Steel wheels. Oh out of interest what tyres have you got? Of course :) I had winters on my old...
  15. Winter Wheels and Tyres.

Hi all, I've just got my 150 FR TDI, and I'm looking to get some winter shoes ready for when the weather gets worse. I've been looking on the web and so far I have found nothing that explicitly states the recommended tyre and wheel size apart from a German forum which mentions 205/55/16...
  16. Worse than expected fuel economy 1.4TDI

May not appeal to you, but my average MPG went up after getting my 1.4tdi remapped. My average is 51mpg over the 30K miles I have owned the car.
  17. Reverse light switch?

I think the switch itself is somewhere under the starter motor. (At least it is on my 1.4tdi) If you manage to do it and have any pointers please do give me a shout haha. :)
  18. Hi from middle England

Welcome to the forum! :D
  19. My Seat inca <-Engine conversion FINISHED

This is awesome. I bet you get so many funny looks as your roar past with the VR haha.
  20. Reverse light switch?

How did you get on with this? Mine doesn't work either :( Mine flashes on briefly as I put the car into reverse so I know its not fuses or bulbs :(