Search results

1. BigfatPaulie

Arona XCELLENCE Lux Specification Change

This is odd... got my 'lux a couple of weeks ago, she has alcantara AND heated seats with white piped leather (?) dash...
  2. BigfatPaulie

Where is the internal fuse box ?

Thanks VC-10 .... exactly where you said !!!! Manual said on the left :-(
  3. BigfatPaulie

Why ? the whole idea of a forum is to share ideas and experiences.... so you can DIY !
  4. BigfatPaulie

Taking delivery in a week or two, and have a dashcam waiting to go.. so where IS the fuse box located ? And any tips for dashcam installation please ? TIA
  5. BigfatPaulie

Advise on grievences with dealership

Fingers crossed for you mate !
  6. BigfatPaulie

Advise on grievences with dealership

You are within your rights to reject the car ... you gave them an opportunity to repair it, and they dropped the ball. Take it up with your lender (if on finance) or WRITE to the dealer directly if not. Give them say, 14 days to respond (say this in the letter) and if they still wanna play...
  7. BigfatPaulie

Insurance on car not owned by me

Get her to insure it with you as a named driver...
  8. BigfatPaulie

DSG gearboxes - are they reliable ??

Looking to buy another Seat, but the mrs is intent on having "an auto" this time, but a quick research of double clutch boxes seems to have struck terror into my wallet. (service and repair costs) So - what do you guys think ? Im looking at a 4/5 year old car. Thanks
  9. BigfatPaulie

Clunking noise

Try reversing and pulling away WITHOUT applying the brakes... I bet its a sticky pad, if not you want to investigate the suspension.
  10. BigfatPaulie

Diesel FR Filler Neck ???

...Until the day AFTER the missis fills up with unleaded :rofl:
  11. BigfatPaulie

Full beam LED headlights

Full beam and dipped are the same thing - just that the reflectors move !
  12. BigfatPaulie

Puddle under new cupra

In future... try to find where its dripping from - and get some on your fingers, it should not feel oily or smell... if its from the AC.
  13. BigfatPaulie

What is this clicking noise?

"Chill out" ? WTF ? Trying to help here....
  14. BigfatPaulie

Of course you can move the wheel without it running !!!!! Id try it on the opposite lock, see if the noise swaps sides... although it could be that there is only one bypass valve, but you should hear the same noise - if so thats the job done. I wouldn't loose sleep over it, but get it checked...
  15. BigfatPaulie

Id say its the steering rack.... Im guessing the car is running ? If so its probably the pressure release valve opening...
  16. BigfatPaulie

Music in the Leon

We just create folders on the card... ROCK, POP etc...
  17. BigfatPaulie

Frequent DPF Regen

The DPF burns the particles it collects - for that to happen, the filter need to achieve a certain temperature, and your journeys simply arent allowing enough time to build and MAINTAIN the required temp. Motorways are not the best environment for this, as you are usually holding a constant...
  18. BigfatPaulie

B pillar ticking/clicking

I spent the best part of TWO YEARS locating the clicking in the driver A pillar..... turned out to be the fekkin keys dancing in the lock, due to all the crap on the keyring. Took it to two dealers, who of course couldnt find anything wrong - because they only take the KEY off the ring !
  19. BigfatPaulie

Nevada white or emocion red

White = hire car, taxi or courtesy car !! Plus itll need washing every five minute... the red is a lovely colour ;-) Although, give the choice again I would get a sky blue one, thats very rare and striking.
  20. BigfatPaulie

Condensation rear light cluster

Is your car 2008 ? cant see where you said that... If so, I would remove the cluster.l..or at least the bulbs for as long as possible, and maybe blow a hairdryer through the bulb hole to dry it out, and see if the problem returns. A slight misting maybe normal, but drops of water forming is...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.