Search results

1. Alloys J7.5 or J8.5

if we are talking 19 inch wheels then i think the narrowest tyre you can buy is 235 which is going to be a little to wide for a 7.5. It will fit but performance less than on an 8.5. The tyre will swim more when cornering and you lose a bit of the benefit of a 19 inch set up. Generally you want...
  2. End of my tether

Cheers mate will have a look
  3. End of my tether

Josh whete did you order the pump from mate? Been ready to pull the trigger on the loba myself.
  4. Those of you with High Miler 170 PD Engines...

The earlier 1.9 tdi were good for 500k km the later ones the germans keep til around 300k kmbefore moving them on for export to eastern europe. If you look after it theres no reason why it shouldnt see 200 thousand miles. But servicing and pre-emptive maintainance is vital.
  5. What did you and your MK2 do today?

its a copy at that price. basically if its less than 200 quid its a fake, email rosstech and see what they say if you like. normally the copies work to varying degrees but always lock up when updating to the newest rosstech software. i rate the official rosstech so highly that i bought a second...
  6. What filters are people using with MTC Tfsi intakes?

Same as you mate 200x150.
  7. Whining sound and damaged wheel after cambelt/waterpump change

dealers are fitters now, not mechanics. back in the day maybe but nowadays i only use people who live cars - are only happy when the job is done to perfection.
  8. darkside developments 2L TFSI/TDI intercooler Upgrade

banksy think you're nailed on there. lets just say a lot of stuff we are sold gets a big mark up. some of it is scene tax, some service and backup. not just darkside, but everyone does this. it gets bought or produced cheap in the east and relabeled and marketed. sometimes it pays to use the...
  9. Best price for new k04 turbo uprated

Thanks have seen the loba website, wondering if it or a similar hybrid can be bought cheaper anywhere. Even a hundred quid saved means I can treat the engine to new plugs, filters and oil for free, which is something I'd have to do to anyway with a new turbo I would have thought.
  10. Best price for new k04 turbo uprated

Just been to a VAG event near me, saw plenty of great cars. Truth be told mostly cosmetic mods but there were a two that had different turbos. One running a big garrett of some kind the other a loba400 in an ed30. I got talking to the guy and he agreed to take me for a test run in it after the...
  11. Uprated turbo Owens Development, any views?

Possibly 400 but at what boost. From what Ive dug up you need to run something like 1.8-2 bar to get anywhere near 400. The Owens one needs less boost to achieve that so the whole system is under less pressure. Thats the theory but very little info, trying to find a build somewhere on the forums...
  12. Uprated turbo Owens Development, any views?

just seen a k04 on ebay with a difference. looks like a hybrid. says its good for 400bhp. anyone fitted one of these, what stage mapping is required? heres the link...
  13. Cold plugs, which ones?

heard the 7's are the same heat range as oem while the 8's are a step colder. neither are recommended since both are non standard spec, just wondering what people have been running.
  14. Cold plugs, which ones?

Quick question on which ones to go for a 2.0 tfsi cupra around the stage 2/+ mark. Currently running the oem spec ngk which i think are 9's. Do I want BKR8EIX or BKR7EIX?
  15. Cupra vs Cupra R

Ha EVERYONE knows you should never pick the best looker. The second best looking bird is still hot but lower maintenance and will try a lot harder plus will still do the dishes. And after a trip to new look she'll still turn heads on your arm. :)
  16. Cupra vs Cupra R

Dont the r's have the speaker inside to make them sound better? Mine is just a cupra so it didnt come with one, so i fitted my own speaker. I called it a 3 inch downpipe. Think i did a better job than Seat:)
  17. Cupra vs Cupra R

For me my modding has nothing to do with trying to make it an R. Its nothing special the same wsy that a standard cupra isnt special. Anyway "in theory" those r's are so far back in the rearview youd need hubble to spot them:) my target is 400 with change and all plug n plug only. By my...
  18. Niggling issues

Strut bearing sounds like or possibly a cracked spring but they're not that common so would stick my money on the first
  19. Cupra vs Cupra R

s3 ic 150 quid, downpipe 130 quid, mtc induction+ram air 230 quid. inferi black respray 450 quid. i spent the rest of the diff on 4 new tyres r8 coils and cambelt kit. ok tyres and respray werent really necessary but i wanted it done. cupra r are rare fair enough, but there's only one cupra like...
  20. Cupra vs Cupra R

I will say this, if you are going to personalise your car and can live without leather seats then maybe the cupra is the better buy and you spend the difference on mods. The pre fl still looks great inside with an rns510 nav radio and you can do a lot to the engine for the money. Thats the...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.