Search results

1. MK8

How do you add an extra power socket with one of these from Maplins?

Thanks a lot for all the info G, did this a little while ago. Went for a long extension cable socket where one plugs into your socket, and the other end is a cigar lighter socket. I cut the end that would plug in and just wired them to the original wiring, was really easy to do! Cheers for the...
  2. MK8

Detailing A Neighbours Corsa

Looks good! what did you use on the black plastic trim around the wheel arches etc? Have you got any general tips on removing dried polish on plasic trim?
  3. MK8

Anyone know which one out of these i need? 1/4 " or 20mm? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=418
  4. MK8

lol did i?! quite obviously i am novice, so what does wiring it into the original actually mean? I think i could probably figure it out if i spent a few hours trying to figure it out, but looking for some tips, where to start, what to wire etc? And will I have to solder anything?
  5. MK8

Hello, I want a more permanent fitting for my tom tom power supply, and I am quite a novice. I am having the dash out on my Mazda this weekend to install a handsfree kit and thought it might be a time to tackle this problem. I have seen this at maplins...
  6. MK8

Sold my Ibiza and bought this:

lol yeah will do, its strange, mazda recomends 5w-30 semi synthetic, but mazda forums recomends fuchs Titan XTR which is a synthetic oil. Will have to clear that one up, found a site that does 5w-30 for 24 pounds delivered for 5l.
  7. MK8

got a litre of 5w-30 in the boot, will be checking once a week. you would think with this engine they would locate the dipstick somewhere with easy access....nope! but its all part of the fun. japanese engineering i guess. Dont worry, wasnt trying to make the tail hang out on purpose, just got...
  8. MK8

I no, I no, reliability, mpg....but you only live once! Went to see it yesterday evening, and within an hour it was mine! FMSH and less than 25k on the clock, it was a steal! Going from a 1.4 Ibiza to this is somewhat different, and I love it. Still not used to...
  9. MK8

Are my brake pads fitter right? Pics

ahh i see, great. thanks everyone.
  10. MK8

ah right ok, i just couldnt figure out how the pads were not in contact completely, and not just the section closest to the hub. But im wrong, and the pads are going to work perfectly fine? just realised im on the mway tomorrow, so dont want to have a brake failure
  11. MK8

oh right, u saved me some embarrasement at the mechanic! thanks.
  12. MK8

Hello, had pads and discs fitted yday, and it looks to me as if the pads are fitted incorrectly, as they are not parrarell to the disc, can anyone confirm this? Heres the pic Can get more pics if this isnt clear?
  13. MK8

Lpg lcr?

i heard the government offer grants for those who qualify for it? have you looked into that?
  14. MK8

What's it worth?

Looks really nice, i really like the top end astras as well. apart from the front lights. but overall i think they look good. nice mate!
  15. MK8

how rare is the leon Cupra R

i dont agree there an audi, i think people would buy them for other reasons, good value for mone, looks etc, but not because they want to drive an audi - imo
  16. MK8

how rare is the leon Cupra R

Ive been trying to find one, and compared to all other hot hatches there are much less on autotrader/ebay etc
  17. MK8

New Wheels on my wagon...

IMO they dont suit the car. original at least. sorry!
  18. MK8

What's it worth?

I dont think trade are going to give you much more for the stereo or other extras you mentioned. u might want to try and keep the ICE and sell on seperately, see how much difference there will be with/without the extras.
  19. MK8

My old Cupra

By far my favourte mk3
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.