Search results

1. bcstudent

how many miles has everybody done??

2004 Leon Cupra. Currently at 58500 miles - bought in October 2007 with 48000 on the clock, but been in the family since new. Only problem so far has been water-pump failure at 56500 miles. Oh, and the Lambda sensor connections got a bit wet and started playing up when the car was less than a...
  2. bcstudent

Why you should use vag-com to re-set the Throttle body

Thank God for the Internet and all the fine people that use it... I'd noticed that my Leon had started to run progressively worse in traffic over about the last year. The throttle response became jerky and the exhaust note was much harsher. It was really only at small throttle openings though...
  3. bcstudent

Help BAD M.P.G on revived cupra

Not really going to be much help here, but I was wondering how many miles the engine had done when it blew up?
  4. bcstudent

Gezmeister's Seat Leon Cupra - Now gone :( replaced with a lexus :)

Where in Norwich are you? I do tend to keep an eye out for Leons.
  5. bcstudent

Alarm chirp

A what?!
  6. bcstudent

timing belt service cost

I've just changed the water pump (and cambelt) on my '04 Leon Cupra due to a water pump failure at 56k miles. I got quoted £240 all in at an independent garage and £310 at a Seat dealer. I needed the car to go to Silverstone a few days after it happened though and nobody could fit it in...
  7. bcstudent

HELP car not starting,Melted wiring

It would definitely be a good place to start. Just make sure all the connections in the fusebox are checked and cleaned up as required.
  8. bcstudent

My beloved Mk1 has gone.

Cupra...poor man's Cupra R Cupra R...poor man's S3 :)
  9. bcstudent

My beloved Mk1 has gone.

That has been my experience of comments relating to them too. There's nothing wrong with the Boxster - even the cheapest one is a good-looking, fine-handling, 200bhp, 150mph machine. Tidy.
  10. bcstudent

Need advice on a SEAT Leon I have seen advertised for sale

Personally, I'm wary of ANY used car regardless of age or claimed mileage. If the car's local you need to go and have a look and judge it on its own merits. Just make sure you take a level-headed friend with you that knows a thing or two about cars. Hopefully they'll stop you from jumping in...
  11. bcstudent

Advice please - starved of oil - £3329.74!!!

This sounds like a total nightmare. How many miles had the car done when it let go?
  12. bcstudent

Which Cold Air Intake For Leon Cupra 1.8T ??

Another thumbs up for the Carbonio here. I've had no issues with mine.
  13. bcstudent

timing belt change

You got a link to that thread?
  14. bcstudent

Yaw sensor problem!

Seriously?
  15. bcstudent

Forge TIP problems?

Forge TIP on an AUQ here too. The only problem I had with the fitting is that the 007P can only be fitted backwards if I want to retain the engine cover, which I do. The reversed noise doesn't bother me. In fact, I think the sound from the 007P compliments the aggressive Piper exhaust note. The...
  16. bcstudent

Boost levels on a leon cupra k03s

I think most stage two maps peak in the low 21-22 PSI region and hold around 15 PSI to the limiter. I guess it would be fair to say that's the safe maximum.
  17. bcstudent

How did your Cupra (not R) feel to you as standard?

I totally agree with that. The 1.8T engine is the most pointless use of a six-speed gearbox ever conceived. I hate it.
  18. bcstudent

How did your Cupra (not R) feel to you as standard?

Yeah, it was quick enough but I never really liked the wooly feel of the throttle response in standard trim. The remap made it feel much more like I imagined it should have felt. It's been getting on for a year since the remap and I'm still not bored with it.
  19. bcstudent

LIMP mode

My LC did the same thing when the Lambda sensor connections got wet. Whatever your problem it's going to be pretty minor, but it will likely require VAG-COM to diagnose.
  20. bcstudent

lcr 225 on fleabay

That certainly seems cheap to me. A Cupra R for the low end of facelift Cupra money.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.