Search results

1. John007

Dead as a dodo

He just wants to be rid of it as bought another car and this is now in the way.
  2. John007

Dead as a dodo

It would seem the main fuel pump is at fault, What do you good people think that this would be worth as a non runner that will run. 02 Tdi Ibiza sport 110 with 120k on the clock.ironically enough is 12 months mot. He is going to ebay it but unsure on what to ask for it.
  3. John007

Dead as a dodo

Update on this for you, He managed to get it started and got it to the garage, On inspection and ecu read which was succesful on this occasion it is a fuel pump problem. Pump plus labour £1000, so the car is now a write off. Real shame as apart from this was a nice little car.
  4. John007

Dead as a dodo

Thanks guys for your help, I will pass this info on, How much is a coolant sensor and is it an easy fix?
  5. John007

Dead as a dodo

A good friiend of mine is having problems with his 02 Ibiza TDi 110.(120K on the clock) He has jsut spent a fortune for it to pass this Years MOT and now it will not even start, Started with the wouldnt restart when warm problem, now will fire for a few seconds before cutting out...
  6. John007

black mirror caps

They used to be a stock item but no longer available. You can buy them from Dave at Sere primed and then get them painted. This is what I did.
  7. John007

Fr insurance

This Year £380, i am 38 with the wife on the policy as well 36. Full no claims and declaring remap and kit. Insured with Chris Knotts.
  8. John007

Seat Leon TDI FR with K1 kit....

Here you go, £479 Bargain http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12255.html
  9. John007

I put a JVC set up in mine with Ipod and Bluetooth, Cost about £600 for this little lot, instalation and steering wheel and facia adapters came to about £100. This was a while back mind, have notived that you can buy an Alpine unit with all the above for about £500. This will sound better...
  10. John007

You can always fit an aftermarket double din headunit with bluetooth and nav.
  11. John007

FR TDI Superchip

I have been running the Blufin map for just over a Year with no issues at all.
  12. John007

Remap for a leon FR170

To be honest they are not worth selling on, as people will only pay just over £200 for a reset handheld. Best keep it for your next car if it is of the VAG family. I personaly went for Bluefin as it was a less aggresive map than others and touch wood has caused me no ill effects. It is...
  13. John007

Remap for a leon FR170

Hi Nik, Not sure on the Cr engines, many people have reported that VAG locked the ECU for service port remapping on the newer cars. There are ways around it, like removing the ECU from the car and then mapping it. I have Bluefin on mine, but mine is a PD. Although you keep the box they...
  14. John007

Remap for a leon FR170

Hi Nik, Welcome to the forum, It depends if your car is a Cr or a Pd engine. Pd lots of different maps out there, Cr different kettle of fish. No maps you can take with you,they are written to the ECU. Hope this helps.
  15. John007

stealers taking the mick

That was really good of him. They do say never trust a car salesman.
  16. John007

stealers taking the mick

That was really good of him. They do say never trust a car salesman.
  17. John007

stealers taking the mick

Stealers will only stand by original paint for 3 Years if it has been repaired the responsibility then lies with the repairer to guarantee their work for a set time.
  18. John007

stealers taking the mick

Paint warranty is 3 Years, Corrosion warranty is 12 Years.
  19. John007

FR Tdi 170....Tyres!?

I am running the 452's, done about 7K on them at the moment and still have 5mm on the fronts and the rears still look like new. Not the best wet tyre though, they spin up easily in 1st, 2nd and on occasions 3rd. In the snow they were hopeless in the dry they seem pretty good though.
  20. John007

Wheels

They do look sweet, Very good choice of wheel. Has it killed your ride much?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.