Search results

1. Wheel Refurbs

The guide on the MG forum is largely correct apart from letting the colour dry before lacquering, you should lacquer on to the colour when it's tacky to achieve better adherence and depth.
  2. how much ? advice cheers

Service and glow plugs are an easy DIY, not expensive either, bushes are labour intensive more than parts ££
  3. Insurance 25+

Mine is £300 all mods declared on a fr tfsi with swmbo on it who's only been driving for 3 years @ 27
  4. Refurb colours

White on red
  5. 'Light fault' dash icon

Check the number plate lights are all working - assuming they are multi smd
  6. 'Light fault' dash icon

Have you got any leds fitted?
  7. Turbo lag

Your turbo doesn't kick in a certain revs its dependant on the speed of the exhaust gases over the turbine. You could rev very gently to the red line and get little to no boost, you could also mash you foot in the carpet from 1000rpm and make boost within 2-300rpm.
  8. Mikes to full tank

I would but that's just me, it will take a tank full to get flushed of the normal stuff though.
  9. Mikes to full tank

No not at all, its quieter, smoother and the extra cost is outweighed by the extra mpg, on normal unleaded I'd struggle to get to 300.
  10. Mikes to full tank

347 out of my last tank, I do run it on super unleaded though. No motorway journeys at all on that tank
  11. what is vag

Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft
  12. petrol or diesel?

I get low 30's out of my TFSi driving normally.
  13. Mikes to full tank

I can get 350 virtually every tank running round town, 450 on the motorway at legal speeds.
  14. Led tail lights

Wouldn't you need the rear hatch too? They are slightly different shape afaik.
  15. HiD Kits?

Still planning on fitting them then, not bothered about blinding other road users?!
  16. People's thoughts on all black...

Black on black is a massive NO from me, loses all detail from wheels and makes them look smaller.
  17. Milltek Exhaust

Wouldn't touch a Milltek unless someone else was paying for it!
  18. HiD Kits?

Don't fit HIDs, upgrade the standard bulbs to nightbreakers or similar.
  19. HID's, Legal and easy to fit?

The rule comes under the construction and use regs, not legal to out a hid burner in a halogen lamp no matter what the seller says or beam pattern looks like, they don't pass a road worthy test either, and their E marking is wrong for the UK. Also hid bulbs are designed to miniscule tolerances...
  20. HID's, Legal and easy to fit?

Not legal but will pass an MOT, a bit like tinted front windows. A piece of cake to fit if you know one end of the bulb from the other.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members