Search results

1. Freetrack screen with a replacement head unit

Panel pulls off, fairly easy to do.
  2. Rear facing cam

Find an aftermarket mount that you can use a double sided sticky pad on.
  3. How to remove overhead screen

Replace the panel that the plugs sit in with an ordinary blank one, the section that the plugs sit in will unclip from the original panel if I remember right? Then hide them in the console and run extension cable from them to where you prefer.
  4. New Altea owner

Headphones are IR, widely available. Ebay has people selling various types. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-IR-Stereo-2-Channel-Wireless-Headphone-Car-Headrest-DVD-Headset-New-/311514839238?hash=item4887bb38c6:g:5u0AAOSwNyFWg5kt
  5. MOT Fail Rear Fog light failed

Where is the control unit located?
  6. Freetrack screen with a replacement head unit

You'd have to break in to all the wiring lines(I would suggest using plugs if possible) and putting a switching system in. Or if you just wanted to get rid of the plugs in the back, the back of the console pulls off as a plate. You could then replace this with a regular Altea XL one with just...
  7. Freetrack screen with a replacement head unit

Yes, the only link between the screen and head unit is aux input to play media through vehicle speakers. You could use the outputs from after market head unit to go to screen. Aux in lines on rear of center console also feed the IR transmitters on the screen.
  8. Wiring diagrams?

I've searched but have come up with nothing.... I'm looking for detailed wiring diagrams for the lighting system with information location of relay/control units? Anyone know a good source? :help:
  9. Bulb circuit resistance

Is it possible to adjust settings on electrical system to avoid bulb warnings and hyperflash using VCDS on an Altea? I'm looking everywher to see if this is possible, but no joy! :banghead2
  10. Replace Freetrack rear LCD screen

Yes, it's in the overhead console. I think it would be a lot of grief to try and convert the fitting to something more modern.
  11. Freetrack body mouldings?

Nice one, ta! :)
  12. Freetrack body mouldings?

Does anyone know how the Freetracks body mouldings are held to the body? Clips and double sided sticky tape?
  13. Cup holders

When I got my Freetrack, one cup holder had the ashtray in and the other had a piece of foam cut to shape and placed in the bottom. I assume was to stop rattling from vibration because it obviously doesn't do anything to keep things stable. I have found that McDonalds Large drinks cups are a...
  14. Engine cover rubber mounts? Freetrack

What mounts/grommets should I be looking for to replace the ones on my Freetrack TDI? I've found some online but I'm not sure if they're right as I only have one of the old ones of my car and the only other one I had escaped on removal! :(
  15. Freetrack front fog surrounds?

I did search but it didn't come up with anything. I figured it out in the end, just had to be a bit more heavy handed with them! Thanks.
  16. Freetrack wheel fitment and track?

Does anyone know what is the largest wheel fitment you can have on a Freetrack? Also I'm sure I have read that the track on a Freetrack is slightly wider than an XL, if so would it be down to the wheels or other components? Any pointers on this much appreciated. :help:
  17. Freetrack front fog surrounds?

I thought this was just a case of removing the securing screw, stick something in the other hole to pull the surrounding out of the bumper. It appears this may not be the case, anyone taken these off before? :confused: :(
  18. in car camera Altea/Toledo 2007

Use a mini piggy back fuse in fuse box under steering column, feed the live up A-pillar and top edge of windscreen/roof liner.
  19. 2.0 TDi cruise control

I do get this sometimes when the car goes a little faster then lands back on the cruise setting, it's not uncommon and not the only vehicle I've had this happen in.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members