Search results

1. Revo vs Tuning box

i live near norwich so i used CAT tuning they are supposed to be the best around here, it goes well much better than stock its just the tuning box had a much more brutal onset of boost so it was a very pronounced power band whereas now it feels smooth like stock only with much more power, i also...
  2. electrical fault linked to battery or alternator?

sounds like a possible short between brakelight switched ground and another part of the loom since many of your diagnostics point to shorts and erratic communication. something worth checking out maybe?
  3. DTUK tuning box for sale (1.2 tsi)

hi, i was thinking around £280 cost me £400 but im open to sensible offers.
  4. Revo vs Tuning box

hi, i have just come from a tuning box on a 1.2tsi and now mapped to stage 1 by Revo and suprised by the lack of difference, people always said how maps were so much better, the only difference i notice is less turbo lag and the box was a bit more aggressive on power delivery while revo feels...
  5. DTUK tuning box for sale (1.2 tsi)

hi, guys have a tuning box for sale its a dtuk with 3 programs and levels plus loom and box with manual, its about 2 years old and i have had it on my car for 2 years while it was under warrenty, since that has now expired i have had it mapped and so the box is no longer required. its...
  6. Garmin portable sat nav help?

i had this happen on mine and what i found is that if the bluetooth is having to process commands while it is playing music the command gets priority meaning the audio drops untill the command is delt with, this can be phone side or nav side, try turning off live services while you are...
  7. Installing crossovers with factory wiring

hi i have done this, the tweeters and bass speakers are fed from the headunit, that is where the wires split so your crossover would need to go there and there is not much room, expecially for active. you will also face issues as the stock hu runs software to adjust the audio curve for the...
  8. TDI Tuning 1.2TSI FR

wasnt to bad just plug in and play, some of the plugs are tricky to find, and dont max out all the settings as it can make it run rough keep the gain sensible and it makes a nice power increas, but if you set boost too high you can feel it leaning out when hot, i got mine set up by a mate...
  9. TDI Tuning 1.2TSI FR

i have been using one from diesel tuning on my 1.2tsi they claim upto 140bhp, its been over a year since i fitted it now had no problems with it and it makes a pretty big difference in power and delivery is good and smooth, you can choose maps too, it comes with 3 built in and gain controls...
  10. [GARMIN PID] Garmin Mod&Skin-Tool [Reverse Engineering]

i got power on the pcb after the jack so its not that, if i bridge the usb to the 5v where the car connects on the pcb it charges so thats why i asked if it should
  11. [GARMIN PID] Garmin Mod&Skin-Tool [Reverse Engineering]

hi does anyone know if the garmin is suppost to charge from usb as mine will only do data connection when plugged into pc or nothing when i use a 2 wire cable to charge, it also doesnt charge on the data connection either as it powers off when updating if its not fully charged?
  12. Using a Seat Portable System in a Mii

you need to do a factory restore using navigon fresh, it will take ages but when its complete it will ask you to connect to the car where it will learn, but depending on age etc you may loose any maps that the prior owner payed for as you will need to register a new account with fresh.
  13. accelerator appears to stick

mine 1.2tsi does this also had the dealer take a look and they said they couldnt find anything wrong and also no codes come up when i plug it in either with vcds, so i will be following this.
  14. SEAT PORTABLE SYSTEM [GARMIN] Skins & Hacking

yeah you need to let garmin fully boot up and then insert the micro sd otherwise the audio drivers wont load and the sound wont go through the car, then you need to script so that it boots the media centre base and phone base, the nav will be called for on demand by the home screen but it will...
  15. my custom handheld vcds scanner

update.... This is now on revision 3 and i have done a little video again this time from cold boot to show how fast it is loading from the start and also the stability now is nearly perfect, i added password function at boot for security, as suggested above i have now added auto update to the...
  16. my custom handheld vcds scanner

Thanks i have read through your link and this is similar to the problems i encountered, that hack worked with the old serial cables using the old drivers, i was aware of that already but aside from all new cables now being usb (that site mentions near the bottom of the how to that the usb...
  17. my custom handheld vcds scanner

thanks for the comments, it was fairly hard to achieve and its now on revision 3 of the launcher since making that video it looks a little better as i had some more ideas, i added the wiki page on a compact browser, goal is to make it all available offline. i checked out the portable device...
  18. my custom handheld vcds scanner

Not sure that selling these would be possible, for quite a few reasons, vcds is not mine and i purchased it like everyone else, so i dont think i would be licenced to distribute it in a package like that, but i guess only the owner could tell me, but the other problem would be that the q1 system...
  19. Seat Ibiza to a portable system (satnav) sound crackling

i had the weird echo before, it was when a phone was connected and apps were trying to transmit their sound through it while it was playing from sd card, i closed all apps on the phone first, then it was ok
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.