Search results

1. Show us your Boot install .....

Mmm, yes please!!
  2. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

S'alright, someone's coming to look at the car on Monday ;) so no answer til next week now. SUSPENSE!
  3. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

If the car is broken/breaked you will have to fight it out with Grayboy as he may be after the exhaust :)
  4. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

lcjay - they're Cordoboa SX seats aka GTi and have little pocket bits on one side (plastic trim) - so say SX not GTi. Would sell as a whole set too I'm afraid. AlpineWhite - what's the courier charge on an empty jiffy bag these days mate? ;) Afraid I never had any :(
  5. car locking its self

Well mine doesn't do it and it's May 2001 model..
  6. car locking its self

Have you pushed a button by mistake - child lock maybe? There's two buttons for locking/unlocking the car from the inside. Try pressing the unlock one (picture of a car with an open door I think)?
  7. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

If I do break it I will need to find somewhere to store it first. I can get a full respray for £150 + paint as I was chatting to a mate today who said his girlfriend's Dad owns a body shop. He also knows a Seat mechanic who does private work, so may get him to have a look over the car. So, I may...
  8. maybe the nicest colour mk2?

Interesting discussion regarding price in my thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166037 Sold my 1995 1.4 Salsa with 80,000 on the clock for £350 (took £150 off for my mate as I needed it gone). Will be gutted if that goes for £850 lol
  9. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

You all just want my parts :p
  10. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

Cat D damage. It was serviced the year before I got it - water pump, alternator belt, power steering belt etc..apart from plugs/leads the work done was to fix a problem as opposed to general maintenance - the full service at xmas was half and half ;) The green bonnet is because I haven't had...
  11. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

eBay and PistonHeads. The way I saw it was that the car had engine trouble and I forked out to have it fixed. Any other cars without this problem could be due them (equally they could not!) and the customer would have paid x amount for the car, then y to have it repaired within 6 months. I...
  12. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

Well bugger, just don't tell my my 2001 Leon with 50,000 on the clock wasn't worth £6000!!! :p In that case - if I can't sort somewhere to break it is there anyone local with somewhere for it?! :) Edit: Haha - people are posting quicker than I am! Is LCJay's price list pretty accurate? I...
  13. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

So you're saying an 8v with 108,000 isn't worth £800? With a £300 alarm, 6 months tax - new CPS, sparks, leads, coolant temp sensor, lambda sensor? New wing is about £35 mate, and whatever the trade price of discs are :) I am talking to one of the guys here about breaking the car, he pays...
  14. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

And which faults are these? It's had a full service in December with no running problems anymore, all it had was a lime green bonnet. I spent lots of £££ on the engine chasing red herrings until the CPS was changed. If it still had problems then I would have sold all my bits and pieces and...
  15. Is This The End of The Copper Cupra (Again)

A friend took her out for a test drive the other day round the block (under five minute trip) whilst I stayed behind and chatted to his Dad, showed him paperwork etc. After ten mins I had a call, telling me to come quick as a wheel 'fell off.' The wheel was ripped straight out - my front wing...
  16. SOLD my cupra

Ollie - did you try Bell? An 8v is group 11 insurance I think, cost me £1600 0 NCB at 19 (first year driving), £977 renewal with 1 year NCB but now on to the Leon :) I didn't think you needed proof of a car having a standard immobiliser/alarm - which is what the Ibizas have - just a standard...
  17. New RS6 18's How lo to go!

FK coilovers on mine, dropped 50mm all round. No front splitter though. I thought about trying 45/40mm but you only live once! Coilovers on softest setting, feel every major bump in the road but keeps you awake on long drives ;)
  18. SOLD my cupra

I wish mine would sell mate!! :( Still, I only converted to a Leon :D
  19. Jenk's mk4 Ibiza Soot machine! (Time to bid farewell)

*cough*do you a deal on my one*cough*
  20. Jenk's mk4 Ibiza Soot machine! (Time to bid farewell)

So he didn't leave the scene with a black eye to match your black mark then? I did wonder why I hadn't seen you in MK2 section so much - traitor! Though I'm one to talk, with a Leon and all :o
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members