Search results

1. scrich7

Leon 2017 model year specifications?

I can't imagine we'll see the 1.5 until the facelift model is announced (probably at the end of this year). If anything, we'll see a tweaked 1.8 if necessary, but it will be fundamentally the same.
  2. scrich7

What extras does it have?

You can make it go down in 1mph increments too, I think you just have to press the button on the end whilst it's active. I might be wrong about which button, but will double check next time I'm in the car.
  3. scrich7

1.8tsi running cold

This will most likely be the thermostat/water pump failure - it's an integrated 'all-in-one' unit and I've seen a few people say it's failed. It's happened on my 1.8 twice now, covered under warranty on both occasions. Just a shame it took 2 dealers and multiple visits to diagnose it, and then...
  4. scrich7

JPG Cover conditions

I always read that the max resolution is 400 x 400, perhaps that is the issue? I use a piece of software called MP3Tag and it works every time.
  5. scrich7

1.8TSI How many miles to a tank?

I've had a 1.8 manual for over 2 years now, and I get anywhere between 375 and 450 out of a tank depending on types of journey and how the car is driven. One note of caution in relation to the above, the dial is a little optimistic. Mine regularly says there is 3/4 of a tank left after 200...
  6. scrich7

It's the little things

To be honest, even with the issues you've listed, you would have a real challenge trying to return it and getting your money back, I'd be amazed if you managed it. On the issue of auto zoom, I actually quite like the way that it works. Always seems to be at the right level of zoom for me at...
  7. scrich7

Indicators

Actually comes as standard on a lot of new Audi's now. Think they call it dynamic indicators or something.
  8. scrich7

1.8 TSI fuel leak and a rant

I've had a 1.8 TSI SC for just over 2 years now (it's approaching 3 years old) and I've seen a number of the problems you list above: - Rear light condensation due to cracking (not got round to taking it to the dealers yet) - Door rattles (had them 'fixed' by the dealer but they're still...
  9. scrich7

Cheap wiper deal

Not the same brand, but I've always purchased the Michelin wipers from Costco, think it works out around £14 a pair including VAT. Probably the best wipers I've come across so far, too.
  10. scrich7

Ipod bluetooth album art

I don't think Bluetooth has the relevant protocols to be able to share album art, I could be wrong though.
  11. scrich7

Seat Leon cupra 6.5 inch high def screen

This has been mentioned a few times and all I can say is good luck. It's not as simple as replacing the screen, you'll also have to replace all the gubbins in the glovebox too. I doubt it is a straight swap when you consider how everything is connected together, such as the glovebox control...
  12. scrich7

Boot Struts

I reckon there is some confusion here. I think some people are talking about having struts that open the boot fully when opened from the fob, and some are talking about the boot opening fully once lifted from the closed position. I don't think having the boot open fully from the fob is...
  13. scrich7

Tyres - recommendations / ones to avoid, FR184

Michelin PS3's, great all rounder. Not the cheapest, but they give the best balance of dry/wet weather grip, fuel economy and low road noise.
  14. scrich7

280 owners. Getting the power down?

I find these threads a bit strange and wonder how people are driving to manage to wheel spin all the time! I've got the 1.8 TSi and I can't think of a single occasion in the past 2 years where I've experienced wheel spin whilst pulling off. I really don't think tyres are the sole problem, yes...
  15. scrich7

MY2016 Sat Nav

Was having a look at one this weekend actually, it was miles better than the unit in my '13 plate Leon. I've no idea if it is as high res as the Golf, all I know is that I would be much happier with that and Android Auto combined as opposed to what I have now.
  16. scrich7

Time for a trade in

If it was up to me, it would come down 100% to the trim level. It's a bit pointless asking without specifying which trim levels they are being offered in :P For example, I'd probably take a 1 Series M Sport over an A3 S Line at this point, because following the facelift it is more modern and...
  17. scrich7

£99 diagnostic fee

I had a similar conversation with a Ford dealer (Evans Halshaw) a few years back, went to a different dealer that didn't charge.
  18. scrich7

It's the little things

Good shout on the speedo markings. I'm not even fussed that it doesn't say '30', just the fact that the notches are difficult to see.
  19. scrich7

It's the little things

Ahh yes, with you on this one. Although, I think it depends on how you depress the lever, I think hold it a split second too long and it goes into hyper drive, touch it very lightly and it seems to be okay. Weird though, almost like it's be tensing up the whole time the ignition has been...
  20. scrich7

What???? Car sale

I'm not sure I see what the fuss is all about here? The dealer isn't obliged to buy your car from you? They're perfectly entitled to pick and choose what they buy based on what they think they can make a good margin on? And of course they're only going to be happy to sell you any kind of car...