Search results

1. car-help-uk

boot spoiler

I have had many chats with my dealer in the uk and they have signed off the body kits and placed the order so will be available early February apparently
  2. car-help-uk

RVC reversing camera installed

OK, I was trying to keep things simple but have managed to make things very confusing (as usual). I don't have all pics as it was raining when i did it so have stolen some images from the net. The reason i chose this camera as i know it to be compatable as NTSC with in-built controller and...
  3. car-help-uk

Image of quadlock plug (rear of media unit) Blue plug removed from quadlock plug Repair wire image of pin end (enlarged) I hope these work!!!!
  4. car-help-uk

Correct. i have the fr with ops, when i put it in reverse the background becomes video image the the ops to the left (this can be changed back to just ops if wanted). The camera wiring comes with 2 bridges : option 1 cut bridge wire image is mirrored option 2 : cut wire guideance lines...
  5. car-help-uk

The large plastic housing (plug) the goes into the media system contains all the pins for different uses. A repair wire has two pins (1 each end) to add the additional pins into the housing.( not very well explained i will look for some pics to make it clearer ).
  6. car-help-uk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390609891173?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Here is the camera i used:) I will look up the pin info and post it (Just want to check it's correct from memory).
  7. car-help-uk

Camera with in-built controller is: KCL801-NTSC made by AMPIRE simple search will bring stand camera up then you will need a repair wire from a vw agent to add pins into media plug
  8. car-help-uk

Quite a simple job really the hardest part was running the cable the from from to rear. Coding took me a while to work out but now i know what is neeeded is it simple for others to fallow. I ordered a camera from a well known VAG modding agent then sent it back once it had arrived (£359 vs...
  9. car-help-uk

http://s801.photobucket.com/user/carhelp/library/Reversing%20camera
  10. car-help-uk

We'll there was finally enough of a break in the weather to get the reversing camera installed and it works really well, hopefully it may save the wife revering into things :p I will post a couple of pics when I figure out how
  11. car-help-uk

Leon SC with Body Kit

If you go through the accessories booking it lists the spoiler painted and fitted, I am sat a the dealers at the moment they have just spoken with seat uk and the part is still not approved or available . Strange????
  12. car-help-uk

Needle Sweep

Camera I ordered a camera from kufatec, when it turned up its a generic camera so I sent it back and have ordered the same camera from somewhere else at 1/5 of the price. I do have the wiring and coding info if needed :)
  13. car-help-uk

FR184 Sport mode sound

:p I get the profile setting to sport not eco etc, but I meant the dsg setting to sport as it defaults just to d
  14. car-help-uk

FR184 Sport mode sound

strange I don't notice it? I see video the dsg is in Sport I will try that and see if it sounds any different :)
  15. car-help-uk

FR184 Sport mode sound

I did drive it the other day without the radio on after reading the thread and could not hear anything in any mode, I will try again as it sounds so appealing ( droning ) :p
  16. car-help-uk

FR184 Sport mode sound

I have the 1.8 tsi and no engine replication sound ?:think:
  17. car-help-uk

Steering wheel coming unstitched

He he he there is nothing wrong with this but modern driving instructors don't push it has hard as they used too, as long as the hands are comfortable
  18. car-help-uk

Steering wheel coming unstitched

I have the leather steering wheel and have noticed the stitching has come loose where you put your thumb if your hands are at 10 to 2 (grandad stile). I have spoken to the dealer who sails the steering wheel is on back order. Ii wonder if this is common?
  19. car-help-uk

Folding mirrors

I had a few mins to myself today so I reconfigured mirrors so they fold when lock short press on the remote. Also turned on the heated set memory after ignition cyle and changed the background on the dash display panel to carbon look :)
  20. car-help-uk

System touch removal

I took mine out with 4 eu radio keys bought from Halfords, it is only a screen.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members