Search results

1. iain1970

Scrap it or keep it???

I'd not even thought of looking on eBay, thanks for the link.
  2. iain1970

Scrap it or keep it???

Our 2005 FR TDI is showing its age. We've had it from new and having had an easy life to summer 2015 under the control of my wife, I've been commuting 100 miles a day after we moved house, it has 151000 miles on it. It was hit on the OSR corner last year by an unisured driver and has a dent...
  3. iain1970

Car Ventilation

My Mk4 FR started doing the same after half an hour or so of driving. Found out the recirc flap motor was buggered and the car wasn't drawing air in from outside. All I've done to "fix" it is take the motor off and manually wedge the flaps so it only draws fresh air in.
  4. iain1970

FR 130TDI fuel gauge fault

Thanks for the replies. Both the range and the gauge are haywire. It started happening a while ago and I've put up with it, but my head is done in with the beeping! When all was well, the light would come on with a range of 35 miles, now it's at 80 miles with a yo-yo needle. I'm wondering if...
  5. iain1970

How long have you had yours?

We bought our FR TDI 3dr new in April 2005. We still have it. 102000 miles, I've put a quarter of those on in the last 18 months. Other than the rusty wings, numerous car park dents and a broken front spring, it's not cost us anything other than servicing and usual consumables. Had it...
  6. iain1970

FR 130TDI fuel gauge fault

I've searched and can't find a definitive solution to a problem I've got with the fuel gauge on our FR 130 TDI. It's a four clock dash, not the traditionally problematic six clock of the earlier Mk4s. Essentially, the light will come on with 80 miles showing as the range, and that drops to...
  7. iain1970

1.9 Tdi fuel

I read a lengthy set of stories when all this got popular a few years ago where a couple of fleets running Iveco and VW vans tried running on "bio-fuel", or used cooking oil as it was. The Iveco fleet was knackered with ring and injector gumming, requiring several new engines and the VW fleets...
  8. iain1970

New front wings

TPS or whatever they're called? A dealer even.
  9. iain1970

Ibiza FR clocks display

I can't remember ever seeing anything come up on mine. It must be for serious stuff going wrong.
  10. iain1970

Is the PD 130 Engine a good motor?

I've been of the opinion that the 1.9TDI motor is one of the best engines ever produced by any manufacturer for some time, having run cars with various versions of it. The PD130 in our FR seems bomb proof. We've been running a generic map from Revo on it since 2008 and we're still on the...
  11. iain1970

David Cook Motors looses Seat franchise

It's a shame as the guys there are fantastic and the workforce has been steady in the 10 years I've been dealing with them with our two cars. I've moved away from the area and will be using R M Fisher in Galgate for the first time this week to start a new anti-perforation claim. Immediately...
  12. iain1970

Perforation/Corrosion Warranty - wheel arch bubbled

Yes, it's true subject to conditions. The company doing the service must be VAT registered and the parts used must be at least as good as dealer fit parts.
  13. iain1970

There are several threads about this on the forum. Many claims are unsuccessful because the cars are taken for service outside the SEAT dealer network after the mechanical warranty runs out (or even before since the EU stamped on the manufacturers). The trouble with that is the third party...
  14. iain1970

We had the near side front wing replaced under the anti perforation warranty last year at 9 years old. The only problem was the dealer not submitting the claim properly, rather than SEAT UK fobbing us off. We've owned the car from new and only the supplying dealer has serviced it.
  15. iain1970

Fr tdi 2.0 remap dpf delete. Clutch question

I'm thinking of chopping in my Altea 2.0TDI for an Ibiza FR 2.0TDI at the moment. The DPF situation worries me a bit because it's something I don't have to worry about with the Altea. I do a 20 mile each way commute on a mix of lanes and urban routes but no motorway, so passive regens might be...
  16. iain1970

Build quality is shocking - will be my last SEAT ever

Further to the comment above, my wife's Ibiza was in this week for a few days for a new front wing (thanks to rust coming throu from the inside). Anyway, she was given a Mii S 5dr on loan. Again, it was fine and she took it on a 120 mile round trip up the M6 and I did my 20 mile each way...
  17. iain1970

Rust

Finally, our car went in last week, the delay being dealer rather than SEAT UK created. All done. I even almost bought a Mii the loan car was that impressive to replace my Altea!
  18. iain1970

Build quality is shocking - will be my last SEAT ever

I had an SE and an S for a couple of days each while our Ibiza and Altea were serviced last year. I thought they were OK and vastly better than a C1/107/Aygo or VW Fox. Yesterday I had a look at a new Peugeot 108 and I really don't think VAG has anything to worry about. Well flimsy, just...
  19. iain1970

Seat Altea Knocking/clunking noise

Mine's been clunking for 18 months. On the last but one service, they told me the exhaust middle section hanger had corroded away. I've not had it fixed because the back box is flakier than the Singing Detective, so I'll get the whole lot done together if I've not sold it by then.
  20. iain1970

Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

I took it in a week ago to confirm the code and got it fixed on Thursday last week. No problem at all, which was nice.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members