Search results

1. Help !! Car Battery flat and cant get into car...

Tried the key in the boot once again and it worked this time, I removed the centre rear head rest and climbed through and managed to release to bonnet but still cannot open the doors from the inside. Ah well at least I have got to the battery, thanks for you help again.
  2. Help !! Car Battery flat and cant get into car...

Thanks for that I will give it a go, Is this really how they designed the car ? It seems crazy that the keys will not manually open a door Thanks for your help
  3. Help !! Car Battery flat and cant get into car...

I know this might sound daft but the car battery is flat and my key will not manually open the car door or boot, so I am stuck as I cant open the bonnet to get the battery charged. I did a quick search but no luck, any advice would be appreciated please
  4. Nurbourg ring on Wednesday any tips?

I was there last year and WOW it is an amazing experience but here is my advice Be careful if doing more than 1 lap as you will start to think you know where you are going and believe me you can approach some corners at high speed and not be 100% sure which way the corner goes or especially...
  5. Throttle Body readings - Help please

I can't find anyone anywhere near me that can do a smoke test so I have removed and checked every pipe I can get to and have replaced a few. I am just not sure if the throttle body readings mentioned above in my first post are indicating a problem with it ?
  6. Throttle Body readings - Help please

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it, thanks
  7. Throttle Body readings - Help please

Hi and a happy Christmas to all. In my never ending quest to cure a slightly erratic tickover and hesitation at around 1800 revs on very light throttle I have replaced many pipes, Maf Sensor, Coolant sensor, Spark plugs amongst other things. This leaves me the throttle body which I have...
  8. track tracking settings?

I am taking mine on the track this Friday for the first time, I had mine checked on a Hunter machine to the Cupra R settings they had, the guy there said that these settings should be OK for the track, I will see how I get on. Sorry I know this not much help.
  9. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

I find it amazing what a good engine can produce, I will consider getting mine mapped but only when I get a consistent reliable performance as I will be doing some track days in a couple of months time :p:p
  10. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

Well today I replaced the PCV valve and the T piece it sits in and from further tests I am now getting 164 G/S reading which is about 205 BHP so I think this is as good as I am going to get with a high mileage amk engine. I still have a very slight hesitation at 1800 revs in 2nd and 3rd gear...
  11. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

At the moment it is running on Tesco Momentum/Ultimum I think its called
  12. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

Hi I would appreciate a view of my latest logs please Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies Yesterday I fitted anew MAF sensor and this morning I carried out the same tests as before and I have attached the logs which were measured on exactly the same bit of road as before. Things are looking better and I would appreciate some...
  14. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

Sorry just one more thing the mbar reading of 1860, am I right that you take this figure and take away 1,000 which leaves 860 mbar which is 12.4 psi and therefore I was getting this as boost ?
  15. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

Well I have just been and bought a New Bosch MAF sensor and put it on, on the way back on the motor way I managed to get this log before the computer died. I could not start at 2,000 revs as I was on the motorway but it gives you an idea of the improvement but still not quite there, highest...
  16. Way down on BHP logs attached - Help please

Good morning, This is quite a long post but I am trying to give as much info as possible so that people can help me. Bit of background - I have a 115,000 AMK Cupra R with a silicon TIP and open cone filter, mpg and performance seems to have dropped off recently, although it may have...
  17. MAF sensor possible issue - Help please

I have found another log I also did but not all of the right blocks but might help in giving me some advice please
  18. MAF sensor possible issue - Help please

Hopefully I have managed to find a way of posting my image here fingers crossed First Link If this works it will help to see my logs as I do need some help in trying to understand the problem with high fuel consumption and very clearly a big underperformance in horsepower.
  19. MAF sensor possible issue - Help please

Well I managed to get a laptop to work and have taken some logs and to say the least I am very disappointed and it does confirm that my car seems to have lost its sparkle in performance :confused::confused: I am sorry that I have to copy and paste the results but I am hoping someone can...
  20. MAF sensor possible issue - Help please

Hi Badger, thanks for your time again. This morning I programmed the Heating unit to code 51 and watch both temp readings and they appear to be spot on, the heating unit reading was slightly behind the dash unit but I believe this is normal. Once they both got to 90c they stayed there even if...