Search results

1. Scottish Storm

Wiper motor stopped

I'm back at this because it's stopped again. I still haven't got the actual scuttle off as I can't find any of the clips that are meant to be holding it in place. If anyone has any good ideas about how to find them now would be a great time to chip in. Thanks And for some strange reason it...
  2. Scottish Storm

Wiper motor stopped

Get what you mean about the connection Badger, it all makes simple sense now :D This scuttle is broken already so I might as well practice on it then try and get another one to replace it I suppose Thanks again for your support Badger, if you ever want to know more about FTOs I have the...
  3. Scottish Storm

Wiper motor stopped

Why would the voltage drop? Any particular reason I should look for? If I need to swap out the motor it'll be a doddle. I've probably done it half a dozen times before in different cars. It's just reaching the damn thing. I just can't see how to get that scuttle panel off.
  4. Scottish Storm

Wiper motor stopped

Cheers Badger, thats what I've just done, in minus one degree, lol I tried to take the plastic scuttle off and the Haynes manual (they aint what they used to be!) said just to unclip it, but it was having none of that. It ended up cracking as I tried to lever it up so I made do with liberally...
  5. Scottish Storm

Wiper motor stopped

Update - just home and checked the car. The wiper motor is running but slowly and it apparently stops after a wee while. Is it just a case of stripping it and cleaning it do you think? Cheers
  6. Scottish Storm

Wiper motor stopped

Just had a call from the wife to say her wiper motor started going really slowly then stopped. Can this be fixed or do I need to order up a new motor? Sorry about the rushed question but I'm at work.
  7. Scottish Storm

Away to fit the diffuser.

It's one of these "looks like it's always been there" moments Badger. She looked at it and went "all right". The final bit of pipe is adjustable so I might get it done tonight.
  8. Scottish Storm

Yeah, I like the flaps. It stayed dry until two minutes before I finished. Although the perfectionist in me wants to get the tail pipe dead in the centre.
  9. Scottish Storm

Yeah, there was one on the car when we got it but it fell off on the motorway :(
  10. Scottish Storm

In the end only one screw needed drilled out so I'm quite happy.
  11. Scottish Storm

Got the drivers side one out but I need to drill the passenger side. But that's the only one so could be worse.
  12. Scottish Storm

There are always one or two screws which are out to thwart you. This is getting drilled out now
  13. Scottish Storm

I think the last diffuser fell off because the guy who fitted it just stuck it onto the bumper with glue and left it at that. Away to do it correctly now so it's bumper off and screwed on. Maybe it'll last a bit longer this time. Lol
  14. Scottish Storm

New ball joint - now MOT ready

Haha, eight years and 72k, must be about their average. All legal again now.
  15. Scottish Storm

New ball joint - now MOT ready

Well it failed on a ball joint and because it has blue bulbs in the front. Chuffed that was all so new ball joint fitted this morning, bulbs changed and it's away for its retest shortly. Happy bunny now.
  16. Scottish Storm

Replacing front bottom ball joint

I wasn't going to bother with compressing the spring but that way of popping the taper out looks interesting :)
  17. Scottish Storm

http://www.agriemach.com/p748-ball-joint-separator?gclid=CjwKEAjwpIefBRCuir7wy-f1kCwSJADXBi2aiLxJvedAqdB1KL8SQKuU5gEov1YtRV5cdZ7ECxYweBoCGsLw_wcB Brute force and ignorance, it's not as if I'm going to need the rubber boot afterwards.
  18. Scottish Storm

Yay, got the ball joint, came with all new bolts and a new backing plate with captive nuts. But who uses an 18mm nut? The Spanish I suppose. Better go and buy a new spanner then.
  19. Scottish Storm

Not sure what exhaust parts I need :(

Yup rum, 125 all in which I'm happy about as it will give me a few more years out if this system.
  20. Scottish Storm

Cool, that's what I was looking for. I'll get the parts ordered on Monday. Not bad that's all it needs for it's MOT :)