Search results

1. 96 1.9 TDi low power problems

Is it the same if you disconnect the MAF? It sound like what my polo tdi was doing and it was the MAF
  2. TDi chips

So true, and thanks for the offer of trying it out, that would be cool.
  3. TDi chips

gtv once again you are being my guineepig!!! I've been looking into uping the power on the tdi since before i bought it! LEt me know detailed results and are you going to try it with vegi?
  4. intermittent wiper or MFA

i think its about £30+ from the dealers, i saw one on ebay go for £21!!! I've paid £5,£2,£4 for mine from various sources
  5. intermittent wiper or MFA

it's an awesome mod but now i find myself concentrating on the rain speed rather than the road!!
  6. intermittent wiper or MFA

lol, ok, ok i'll spill the beans!! Look in your relay panel for relay 99 if you have one then you already have it!! If not get one from a scrappie off a mk3 golf or corrado. I think the standard relay is no17. swap it for a 99. Start the car then drop the stalk to the intermittent position...
  7. 16 valve turbo

i think the ABE was a audi code but not sure. Any way i built a 2.o 16v Turbo which is in my 1990 passat estate. Basic spec is as follows: abf bottom end spacer plate to reduce compression to 8.5:1 9a standard head. TT inlet manifld/injectors/fuel rail 2e throttle body standard...
  8. intermittent wiper or MFA

i didnt think anyone else was interesetd so didnt bother updating but i have found a solution to the intermittent wiper control and it's a simple nomessing plugin solution using 1 standard VW part!!! if you want to know, please send a cheque payable to........... :funk:
  9. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

any tips on how to get the white clip into the push rod, i cant get mine to stay. I put the clip over the rod but cant get it ti stay!!! when i push the pedal down onto it the rod just moves back so the pedal isnt putting enough pressure on it!!! Pls help its driving me mad!!!
  10. You Know You have a mk2 Ibiza When........

now why didnt i think of that!! I'll try that on my polo tonight!!!
  11. 2.0 8v Turbo

as said above, any non vtn turbo will be fine. wrt management, i beleive that mk3 golf on ecus can be remapped so that's an option or alternatively go for megasquirt. I was going to be using a k-jet car and had some porsche 924 turbo and audi quatro bits i was going to add to controle fuel...
  12. 2.0 8v Turbo

The manifold from the TDI does fit the petrol 1.6/1.8/2.0 engine. I was going to originally use the manifold and turbo to boost my 8v gti as they use them a lot in the states. Most people will tell you that the TDI turbo cant handle the heat produced as they are weaker than turbos on petrol...
  13. Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

love the door pockets are they custom, and what are the seats from?
  14. intermittent wiper or MFA

has anyone attempted to fit MFA stalks to a car that didnt come with it? Is the wiring already set up or is it more complicated than just swapping the stalk and the clocks? Also i'm fed up of the crap interval on the intermittent wipe, is there a way of amending the timimg?
  15. New Member (gearbox problems)

yes it's the polo, but being the saloon, it's got more in comon with a cordoba than the vw polo! I'm going to change the oil first as it only happens when cold, will update when done
  16. New Member (gearbox problems)

I'm having something similar, cable box in my TDI. I cant select any gears now till the engine has warmed up, and then it's fine! I can select all gears when the engine is at normal opperating temp! Any ideas?
  17. Price of diesel

i've been running my 2000 polo saloon on straight vegi oil for last 1200 miles and all good so far! using abaout a 40/60 vegi/diesel mix and no added mods
  18. Crezzy's Mk2 Ibiza Cupra Sport GTi 16v THE END, CRANK gone

cank i ask what colour code that is as it looks similar to mine!! lovely car btw!!
  19. Advice needed on knocking from front suspension (mk4 fr tdi)

it's happeming on my 2000 Polo Tdi (built by seat!!) it's been getting worse and worse, sounds like somethings going to fall off!! hopefully it will last till Sayurday so i can get under it and have a look! Mine only happnes when driving straight and turning right, when turning left it doesnt...
  20. mk3 ibiza cupra 'estate' 20vt

damn it wish i'd gone for the estate now rather than the saloon!!!!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise