Search results

1. TDISam

light switches

cheers:beer:
  2. TDISam

light switches

will the headlight switch on a pre facelift ibiza be the same as a post facelift? ive found someone breaking a 96 N reg pre facelift GTI i need a switch for a 97 r reg post facelift TDI are they the same? cheers
  3. TDISam

Mk2 Ibiza Small Electrical Fire

thanks lads, had a tinker yesterday and there is a cable running all the way from the passenger headlight to the switch that is absolutely fried, may possibly be rubbing on some bare metal in the wing i think as the car had a shunt there before i had it the old man (a sparky) says its...
  4. TDISam

mines a mk2 mate but thanks anyway, havent got a manual it was lost before i had the car, gonna have a dig around saturday, think it might be an piece of metal rubbing the wire making it heat up
  5. TDISam

bloody hell, after 13 months it happened again driving to work, suddenly the whole car fills with smoke from under the dash pull over, get fire extinguisher out of boot, point it at dashboard then it stops smoking, i looked a right lemon! last time the diagnosis was the foglight...
  6. TDISam

"It's not easy being green" - Biodiesel

Of course he pays tax, we're all law abiding members of the public, why wouldnt he mind sending a considerable amount of his money to gordon brown every month, after all no-one else minds do they.......
  7. TDISam

aint got a clue, you pull up outside the unit and ring the bell, he lifts the shutters and then fills you up from a 1950s style petrol pump, you cross his palm with silver and away you go, (saw loads of empty cans of rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil out the back though) nice chap, my engines...
  8. TDISam

Red eye models

rizla holders.....
  9. TDISam

friend of a friend does all the hard work, 60p/litre, spare filters in the boot. nuff said.
  10. TDISam

bbs wheels

i'm thinking 14s for the cheap tyres but i think 15s will look better if i can find some, i put the standard steel wheels on last weekend as i had some suspension trouble and the difference in the handling and ride of the car was amazing, it used to shake like a b*****d with 17s but now it feels...
  11. TDISam

bbs wheels

would bbs alloys from a mk2 golf fit on the beeza? i know the stud patterns the same but i'm wondering about the offset, maybe some spacers? (i'm sick of buying 17" tyres and i've decided to jack my job in and go and get an education....) thanks
  12. TDISam

starting probs

i've decided after rigorous testing (standing and looking at the engine while mate turns it over) that the starter motor is shagged, its going into the garage friday. again.
  13. TDISam

starting probs

anyone???... its getting worse.......
  14. TDISam

starting probs

mines diesel so i dont think i've got most of that stuff (someone correct me if i'm wrong) bloody hope its something simple cause i've only just got it back after spending a good chunk of wages fixing it...
  15. TDISam

starting probs

hello all, ive got yet another problem!!! when i turn the key to ignition i hear a click then..... nothing until about five seconds later when car starts as normal, only when car is cold though, i've checked all the connections i can see and theres nothing out of the ordinary, i'm thinking...
  16. TDISam

Poorly beeza :(

yeah the glass is push in/out easy peasy, got the tracking done today, wheels not buckled (miracle!!) the tyre was destroyed though, bit gutted about that cuz it'd only done about 1000 miles but oh well at least everythings sorted now,
  17. TDISam

cheers claude, gonna take it to a tyre fitters tomorrow hopefully the tyre wont be scrapped if its not buckled (not gonna hold my breath though). on another note does anyone know how to get the glass out of the drivers wing mirror? (heated) cheers
  18. TDISam

update... got car back today, all back to normal £214 lighter tho (changed my front brake pads as well) anyone know how to tell if a wheel is buckled if it looks round?
  19. TDISam

go on, rub it in..... lol
  20. TDISam

no pics but all you can see anyway is the wheels at a funny angle, spoke to the garage (a friend thank god) he says the front shock on the passenger side is scrap and 90% of the things connected to it!! he's gonna try a new tyre on the wheel to see if its buckled, fingers crossed its not but the...